Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renogy Solar vs. Rich Solar

Hello,

Does anyone know the real difference (other than price and color of buttons) between Renogy Solar Products and Rich Solar. Each of their products, including charge controllers and panels, are pretty much identical in specs. Rich Solar products are about 10% -15% cheaper in price though.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 4 200W PV panels from Rich Solar. I read on the innerweb, Renogy is horrible with customer service and responding. I emailed them 6 months ago on products i wanted to purchase totaling 2k and never got a call or return email. YMMV.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich Solar panels use tin wire vs copper, 12 gauge wire to the junction box . Other than that not bad . Good customer service That’s what convinced me to go with Newpowa. ( I’m assuming 12 volt system as you didn’t say)

https://www.newpowa.com/products/new...saAhz2EALw_wcB
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was looking at newpowa too. Saw a YouTube video on 4 different 100watt panel, rich, newpowa, renolgy, and hqst. Hqst received the best along with renolgy. https://hqsolarpower.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Prouse has had good things to say about Rich in general it seems when you figure cost in.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandseahawk View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know the real difference (other than price and color of buttons) between Renogy Solar Products and Rich Solar. Each of their products, including charge controllers and panels, are pretty much identical in specs. Rich Solar products are about 10% -15% cheaper in price though.
    I had looked at Rich Solar, NewPowa and Renogy Solar suitcase kits awhile back. I don't believe the NewPowa charge controller, as part of the 200w panel kit, was compatible with lithium batteries. Don't know if you could change out controllers. I don't think the Rich Solar suitcase came with a controller and don't know if the separate controller was waterproof. The Renogy Voyager controller is lithium compatible, but price for the kit was nearly 50% more vs NewPowa. Renogy materials and workmanship warranty was 3 years vs 5 years on NewPowa. I think the Renogy panel was slightly more efficient.

Last time I looked, maybe a month or two ago, Rich Solar and Renogy 200w suitcase units were on backorder, NewPowa had stock.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 02-16-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)