User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm posting just for general info purposes. I've been camping in freezing weather too this week in Bay City & Matagorda TX. Had everything frozen for a while even with running the furnace but it's finally thawed out without any damage. During this I was reading the manual for help (I have a 303RLS FW) and it says the camper is not designed to be used in freezing weather. Who knew! Also, the refrigerator will not work if the temp is below 32 deg unless equipped for low temp, then good to 0 deg. I'm going to check to see if I have the option. It's also been good in that I've found where the air leaks are. I have a big leak beside the fridge, which is in a slide, that was supposedly fixed a log time ago. I noticed the new units like mine have an insulation pad on the bottom of the tanks (mine doesn't) which I may consider adding. I'm not sure the furnace air is enough without some insulation. Thanks to those who mentioned the low point drains. I'm thinking about those foam faucet covers and if they would work. Hope everyone get through this OK.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless your low point drains are actually located at the system low points and can actually be used to drain the system, they don’t serve any useful purpose. Can’t comment on other models, but the low point drains on our 2600RB are useless for that purpose. If I had any plans for camping in subfreezing weather, and I don’t, I would remove them entirely.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in TX in our 2021 260RD and after about 48 hrs in sub 22 degrees (6 at night, -10 with windchill), our fresh water froze. Eventually it all thawed out without issue. We had prepared with portable fresh water jugs inside the RV which got us thru.

Wish: have the ability to run in "fan" mode to circulate the cabin warm air thru the heat ducts without having to run the propane heater (as much). "fan" mode only runs thru the AC ducts. Circulating the cabin air thru the underbelly may have helped avoid the freeze without having to waste propane by setting temps really high (note: was not able to get propane tanks filled in the TX area for many days during and after the storm).
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last winter (my first fulltime RV winter) I knew we were about to have a hard freeze - I have the 2670MK which has the fireplace and I purchased a space heater. I found that I never needed the furnace during winter (last year) to be perfectly warm in the cabin but before the hard freeze I called and spoke to an GD engineer.

I asked why GD did not offer/include a way to use the furnace ONLY for the enclosed under belly - this would not be hard to do during design/build.

He paused and said we never thought of that - I explained why I would prefer it in my model and he seemed to understand.

Maybe on the 2022 models?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVlife1967 View Post
    Last winter (my first fulltime RV winter) I knew we were about to have a hard freeze - I have the 2670MK which has the fireplace and I purchased a space heater. I found that I never needed the furnace during winter (last year) to be perfectly warm in the cabin but before the hard freeze I called and spoke to an GD engineer.

I asked why GD did not offer/include a way to use the furnace ONLY for the enclosed under belly - this would not be hard to do during design/build.

He paused and said we never thought of that - I explained why I would prefer it in my model and he seemed to understand.

Maybe on the 2022 models?
    So you kept your pipes and tanks empty?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drained the black tank and stayed hooked up to city water - notta in fresh tank - electric hose, tree insulated and handle insulated and wrapped - thermostatic fan in basement where water filters and connections are - had 15 gallons of water in case - luckily we never lost power or water - several here were not really ready - frozen hoses, tanks, not enough propane etc - very happy with how well my rig performed and feel blessed considering others reality...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123