User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    In addition to what others have said since this is your 1st TT, when using the black tank flush make sure to leave the drain valve open. I have read stories on other forums where somebody gets to talking with a neighbor and forgets the valve is closed.

You might also consider getting a flush valve that attaches to the sewer drain like this:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...Valve/55356021

I use one and keep the water running thru the flush but close the gate valve to allow some build-up then open and release. Repeat several times until all is clear. Once satisfied, dump the gray tank to further clear the sewer hose.

My wife and I team up to watch the black tank level while back filling between flushes. We have found that one of the best ways to get the last solids out of the black tank is to quickly dump a mostly full 5 gal bucket of water down the toilet at the end of a flush. It helps break loose the solids that may have piled up below the toilet or in the corners. Use the clear elbow to know when you are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danfiver View Post
    My wife and I team up to watch the black tank level while back filling between flushes. We have found that one of the best ways to get the last solids out of the black tank is to quickly dump a mostly full 5 gal bucket of water down the toilet at the end of a flush. It helps break loose the solids that may have piled up below the toilet or in the corners. Use the clear elbow to know when you are done.
    Good info! I'm pretty sure that I've seen a video floating around about dumping a bag of ice down the toilet as well as some water, before leaving a campsite with the idea that the ice will "scour" the black tank while driving to help loosen the solids on the tank sides.
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234