User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for XLS 22 MLE Owners re: Tank Flush

Hello All,

DW and I put money down on an XLS 22 MLE a few weeks ago (expected arrival in April-May). Whoop!

I've noticed the black tank flush is on the opposite side from the black/gray tank drain.
    I also notice that GD put a spray hose attachment directly next to the black tank flush.

Question: do you guys use the spray hose attachment to flush the black tank?
    Also: if not, what length black tank flush hose would you recommend, since the black tank flush is on the opposite side from where your water source on a camp pedestal would be? (I'm gathering the required bits n' bobs as this is our first TT)

Thank you!

-Dave in NH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two expandable garden hoses and they are only used to connect from water to black tank flush. Make sure you use a water pressure regulator as well.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hello All,

DW and I put money down on an XLS 22 MLE a few weeks ago (expected arrival in April-May). Whoop!

I've noticed the black tank flush is on the opposite side from the black/gray tank drain.
    I also notice that GD put a spray hose attachment directly next to the black tank flush.

Question: do you guys use the spray hose attachment to flush the black tank?
    Also: if not, what length black tank flush hose would you recommend, since the black tank flush is on the opposite side from where your water source on a camp pedestal would be? (I'm gathering the required bits n' bobs as this is our first TT)

Thank you!

-Dave in NH
    Welcome to GD and the 22mle group. I simply used a dedicated hose for the flush.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    I have two expandable garden hoses and they are only used to connect from water to black tank flush. Make sure you use a water pressure regulator as well.
    Roger that on the pressure regulator - got one on order.

Curious what length hoses you're using for the black flush. You figure 25' would do it, or go longer?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry 2 x 25. I find this more practical. Only use 1 if all that is required. I have 2 x 25 for flesh and 2 x 25 for fresh. Most of the time I only need 1 but for the odd times that need 2 I'm sure glad to have it. Same with the sewer, get 2 x 20 feet or like me 4 x 10 feet (it just happen that they only had 10feet but got them for the same price). Most time you'll need just 20 but.... I got caught once.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I carry 2 x 25. I find this more practical. Only use 1 if all that is required. I have 2 x 25 for flesh and 2 x 25 for fresh. Most of the time I only need 1 but for the odd times that need 2 I'm sure glad to have it. Same with the sewer, get 2 x 20 feet or like me 4 x 10 feet (it just happen that they only had 10feet but got them for the same price). Most time you'll need just 20 but.... I got caught once.

Good info. Thank you!
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what others have said since this is your 1st TT, when using the black tank flush make sure to leave the drain valve open. I have read stories on other forums where somebody gets to talking with a neighbor and forgets the valve is closed.

You might also consider getting a flush valve that attaches to the sewer drain like this:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...Valve/55356021

I use one and keep the water running thru the flush but close the gate valve to allow some build-up then open and release. Repeat several times until all is clear. Once satisfied, dump the gray tank to further clear the sewer hose.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    In addition to what others have said since this is your 1st TT, when using the black tank flush make sure to leave the drain valve open. I have read stories on other forums where somebody gets to talking with a neighbor and forgets the valve is closed.

You might also consider getting a flush valve that attaches to the sewer drain like this:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...Valve/55356021

I use one and keep the water running thru the flush but close the gate valve to allow some build-up then open and release. Repeat several times until all is clear. Once satisfied, dump the gray tank to further clear the sewer hose.
    Heh, I've heard those horror stories too, yechhh.

Thanks for that link
    Joanne and Dave

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm... Many people don't use a pressure regulator on the flush line, myself included.
    I have a clear elbow on the dump line. After using the on-board flush I also use a toilet wand. There's a lot more "stuff" that comes out using the wand as opposed to the flusher only.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Hmmmm... Many people don't use a pressure regulator on the flush line, myself included.
    I have a clear elbow on the dump line. After using the on-board flush I also use a toilet wand. There's a lot more "stuff" that comes out using the wand as opposed to the flusher only.
    Good point about the pressure reg - you're sort of defeating the tank flush action while not really jeopardizing and plumbing fittings in the rig.

I have also ordered a clear elbow for the dump outlet to ensure the tank is free of solids after the flush.
    By "wand" do you mean a sort of high pressure spray wand that you stick through the toilet valve?
    Joanne and Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast