User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rakedog

Pullrite superglide hitch

Hello Everyone, I own a 3/4 ton ram diesel (2013) and we are going to pick up our first fifth wheel in about a week (323bhs). Everything I have seen points me towards the superglide 16/18k. Is anyone on here using this particular hitch on the same truck by chance? Any helpful hints would be awesome and much appreciated. Thank you,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a Ram nor a Pullrite Superglide, but some day I intend to get the Superglide for my F250.

The only thing holding me back right now, is that the type I need is pretty darn heavy and bulky to remove from the bed.
    It is definitely a 2-man job, unless you rig up a winch or something.

I have heard good things about the hitch, and with a short bed truck, you will be glad you have the automatic slide.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't help you with the Dodge part, but I've had a Superglide Model 4300 18k lb hitch for ohhh..... 13 yrs now I guess it is. It is a "Traditional Style" and no longer made. They elected to make a 16K and 20K lb model. It has been a great hitch for me in 2 different vehicles (Chevy & Ford). With a short bed ya only need a slider one time to make it pay for itself. I like the auto slider so no thinking is required!
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave--we don't have a Ram but have the 16K Pullrite Slider (new last year) in our bowtie and as my dad used to say, it works "slicker than snot." We keep it covered when not in use so cleaning/lubing the sliding tubes is a simple quick task. There is no hitch chucking noise movement due to the adjustment at the front of the slider. There is a little play in the tubes/slide plates but minimal. It is heavy just under 200 lbs. but beer and friends are a wonderful combination when time to remove/install !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rakedog
    Thank you everyone. I contacted a dealer today about the superglide and the quote was very expensive. How much are these things really selling for, or at least where should I look to purchase one? I saw one last night on Amazon for around a grand. I'm thinking another 500 to have it installed. Could I install it myself? Thank you for the replies and sorry it took me a bit to get back with you. Dave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are expensive- we got the 24K for our rig. Having said that, we're new at towing and I wouldn't change this for anything. Some notes:
    - Don't forget that you'll need a capture plate for your rig's kingpin.
    - Watch where things end up. If we get in a sharp turn/backup, the kingpin setup gets awfully close to our truck rails.
    - The 24K owners' manual indicates that you can remove the hitch by lifting it out of the bed of your truck with the trailer. (Obviously you'd want some kind of stand to put it on.) Right now, that's the only way I can imagine getting it removed- but my TV is pretty much dedicated to moving the trailer.

Good luck!
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get $2300 installed for the 16K Superglide with the underbed mounts and capture plate.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rakedog - IF you are DIY inclined and have the proper tools, yes a person can install the hitch themselves. I have installed 3 and am not a professional installer. Tools: 1/2" electric drill is a must, depending on mount bit requirements can go up to 5/8" (good one, not el-cheap-o), torque wrench, socket set, etc. Measure 3 times, drill once, and don't wear a watch !

Yes, the hitch is "expensive" by comparison to some others. Ya need to decide first whether you want a clean bed installation when the hitch is removed, then decide which hitch. I personally like/have the SuperRail Mounting system, which requires the Custom Mounts that attach to the truck frame. The one currently made closest to mine is the model 4400, but in the 16K lb range it would be model 4100.
    The prices vary and you can shop at Tweety's, RVPartsCountry (where I got mine many years ago), Dyersonline, etc. The model 4100 can be had for around $900.00, the capture plate for around $175.00, the SuperRail Kit for around $550.00 and the Custom Mounts for ohhhhhh around $385 or so.

Add it all up and going the way I did, it's not the cheapest piece of equipment around. Sure does work nicely though. When I trade trucks I purchase a new Custom Mounting kit and keep the hitch.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Rakedog
    What do yall think about using the b@w turnover ball with the companion slider hitch? I would bet I could do that myself. Anybody have any experience with that?
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Rakey

pilotkev
    although we do not have the same truck i do have that hitch and love the way it works, the only thing you have to watch out for is when your dealer works on your RV. They always remove the capture plate from the pin to move it around the lot with a fork lift and if they do not remember to put it back on when you hook back up to it all heck brakes loose when you pull away ( speaking through experience ) when i pulled away and tried to turn out of the parking lot the trailer rotated at the pin and the slider slid back almost ripping my tailgate off the truck, it took the service guys a while to get the trailer unhooked and the slider out of a bind and reattached

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast