User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP system issues

I am full time in a 2019 GD momentum class G 25, it is the 8th of February and the 10th month of full time RV living. Weather has been below freezing every night for 3 months and below 20⁰f for 6 weeks with no issues. Yesterday I ran out of propane: refilled, hooked up tanks and only my hot water heater works. If the hot water flame is on sometime I can get the furnace lit, when the the water heater turns off the stove and furnace no longer work. The refrigerator worked on gas, and the stove will light up if the flame in the refer' is going, when it gose off so dose the stove. I'm bafled. I have checked the regulator even removed it and inspected it for moisture but it is clean and dry in side. Regulator is re-installed, I checked for leaks, same exact problem. No gas is getting to the furnis or range unless the water heater is running, the refer' and water heater work just fine. Is there a second regulator for the furnis hiding some where?

Seriously🥶 I'm keeping from freezing up with my skirting and a big space heater.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your issues.

I am not sure how your Propane tanks are set up, but on my rig the right hand tank has a red regulator on the tank and the left hand tank has a silver regulator with a tank switch over.

Are you having the issue with both tanks, or only one tank? Try switching to the other tank and see what happens.

I think one of your problems is the fact that you are in very cold weather. The Propane in your tanks is liquid and it turns to a gas at room temperature, the warmer the tank is the greater the pressure is inside the tank. I have read that cold temperatures like you are experiencing reduces the internal tank pressure to the point that you get reduced/restricted gas flow, this, I suspect, is your main issue.

Try this, try drawing the Propane from the Right hand tank and see if this fixes your issue. The reason I recommend try the right hand tank is because the red regulator allows for higher pressure coming out of the tank, this may solve your issue.

Another thing you could try is to run some hot water over your valve, hose, and tank to increase the pressure and thaw out the valve and hose just in case any moisture might have gotten frozen inside.

You could try blowing a hair dryer over the silver regulator (do not use hot water because there are vent holes in the regulator that could get plugged with ice) for several minutes just in case something is frozen inside.

Let us know if this helps.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you open the tank valves slowly?

Maybe you triggered the safety valve which will reduce flow drastically

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned