User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Sounds to me like your dealer pulled an old stock unit from somewhere.

Can you get an offline date from the weight sticker on the side of it?

I haven't seen the chrome fixtures in Solitudes for months. As for the furniture, the options are completely changed. Cotton is the new Linen, and no more Java. It is now Stone, which is what the Reflections are using.
    I'd have to go back to the dealer to get the off the line date, but that's a great idea. The material on the furniture was very light, I think cotton is what they call it. The exterior paint is white with a subtle burgundy swoosh on the side of the unit.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Sounds to me like your dealer pulled an old stock unit from somewhere.

Can you get an offline date from the weight sticker on the side of it?

I haven't seen the chrome fixtures in Solitudes for months. As for the furniture, the options are completely changed. Cotton is the new Linen, and no more Java. It is now Stone, which is what the Reflections are using.
    One more question Huntr70.

Have you seen any Solitudes with the little tray tables completely absent on the theater seats and only a single center cupholder? This was a really strange thing to see and I just want to know if it's the way it is now on Solitudes. We called the factory and the rep there said it's the way they are going forward. Seems strange to not then add a second cup holder like reflections and imagines have.
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    They gave me what I paid with tax and everything on the 2600RB, so I didn't lose anything there. The price of the 303rls is obviously higher than an imagine, but it was just as good as any other Grand Design dealer in Texas for the discounted price, so no upcharge for the new unit. The solitude price is again right in there with the other dealers. The trade on the 303rls is a little less than I paid, but really close. So far I'm just moving up steadily without being totally ripped off.
    It isn’t getting “ripped off”. Dealers have to make money
    I just don’t see how they would possibly give you what you paid when they can buy them from the manufacture at cost plus they have to sell them used without warranty to the next buyer and make money doing it

Anyway that doesn’t matter. I would cancel this deal and wait.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understand the disappointment, but most or all of this can be resolved.

If there is another Solitude with the proper shower fixture, tell dealer to swap them for no charge prior to you scheduling PDI.

Same with the trays. If they are a deal breaker for you, and they are available in the other Solitude, then same deal.

HW heater - same deal. Inspect it as other poster(s) have suggested. If old and rusty, tell them you want a new one.

Blinds - guess it depends on how hard over you are. If other Solitude on lot with the blinds you want, see item 1 and 2 above.

The dealer will either agree, and you'll be happy, or disagree and you will have to decide just how much you really want these items and the 5er.

I agree with others that it's probably all supply related. Also, if you are getting the deal you say on trade in, I can almost guarantee you will NOT receive the same treatment if you go try to buy another brand from another dealer. I suspect you are not getting as good of a deal on the 310 GK-R as you would without the trade.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question Huntr70.

Have you seen any Solitudes with the little tray tables completely absent on the theater seats and only a single center cupholder? This was a really strange thing to see and I just want to know if it's the way it is now on Solitudes. We called the factory and the rep there said it's the way they are going forward. Seems strange to not then add a second cup holder like reflections and imagines have.
    So, you do have the newest of the new build. They only just started the white exteriors on them.

Yes, the new furniture is missing the little tables. Gone. They don't add anything or build the furniture, it is made by Lippert. The Reflections and Imagines don't have powered seating like the Solitude do. (only heat and massage)

Sounds as if they may be shorting some parts on the builds to get units sent out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen any Solitudes with the little tray tables completely absent on the theater seats and only a single center cupholder?
    I don't know if you've actually used the little tray tables but in my opinion, they don't work very well. We tried using them in both of our Solitudes and they are a little dicey. The trays don't sit level and when you try to get in or out of the chair, you need to be careful moving items off the tray before sliding it out of the way. If they sat level and had a rim around the edge, they would be more useful. We ended up tossing ours.

As for the single cup holder - if you are really desperate for a second cup holder, you can lift up the center console and put a glass in there.

There is no way I would pass on an RV because of these two items. Besides, this is throw away furniture anyway. We figure ours will last for a couple years and at that time, we can replace it with whatever we want.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the very supportive feedback folks. We're loyal to Grand Design, but not fully comfortable with this trailer. We'll order another and work more closely with the factory rep.
    Jesse & Anita

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish you luck. Hope you get exactly what you want.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the very supportive feedback folks. We're loyal to Grand Design, but not fully comfortable with this trailer. We'll order another and work more closely with the factory rep.
    FYI
    From the GR website
    "Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Grand Design RV reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications, pricing and materials without notice and at any time. Photos may show optional equipment which may not be included in the standard purchase price of the featured unit. Be sure to review current product details with your local dealer before purchasing."
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdAl View Post
    FYI
    From the GR website
    "Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Grand Design RV reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications, pricing and materials without notice and at any time. Photos may show optional equipment which may not be included in the standard purchase price of the featured unit. Be sure to review current product details with your local dealer before purchasing."
    I'm totally fine with Grand Design changing things all the time to improve the RV's. My 303rls has several cool features that were not anywhere on their website that are improvements over what was on the website. They can make those changes all day long and twice on Tuesday. But switching out a dark bronze shower head for a chrome one in an all dark bronze bathroom is not a commitment to continuous product improvement. It was a factory doing anything it takes including mismatching fixtures just to make quota that day. RV manufacturing is all about quotas of vehicles that roll of the line every day. Some manager at the Grand Design Solitude line prioritized the quota over quality. There's no other explanation for making that kind of cheezy substitution. I really do think Grand Design makes great trailers. But it's clear that Covid is really taking a toll on the RV industry supply chain management. I sympathize with their predicament of not having a fully functional supply chain. They should slow down production to match what he supply chain allows. That would be a commitment to quality. It's clear that they chose a different path, and I choose not to spend top dollar on a compromised trailer. They'll find another person who's happy as a clam that I backed out on this one. I've ordered another one and spoken with the factory rep about just please being consistent with fixtures on the next trailer they send me. I'm still loyal and excited to get a new trailer from them.
    Jesse & Anita

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast