User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store mine in the bumper. It's a tight fit with the elbow which is attached to the hose so I have a rope attached so I can pull it out. With the slinky style I can get 2 10' hoses in it which is plenty because very seldom are we at RV parks with full hook ups.

Craig Bailey
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI
    22 MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&Lcamping View Post
    We store ours just like @Capt Bob states. In a dedicated Rubbermaid tote
    I didn't want to do that for two reasons.....I didn't want to use what limited space I have in the pass through.....and I want the hose to dry out. It worked great in that plastic hose carrier that Camping World sells....just tool some time to figure how and where to mount it... I looked at other options, but since I had the powered stabilizers installed, there was not any room to install this or anything else under the trailer. And like I mentioned, storage in the pass thru is not an option for me as this is the only outside storage available. I will try and take some pictures soon of what I did on our 22MLS
    Last edited by Refclown; 02-14-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Another way to mount the fence posts is with beam clamps (Lowes sells them). You can search the forum for beam clamps and/or fence posts to see other pictures.

This is how I mounted ours.
    Ditto. I also used the same arrangement to store a 7' folding ladder (the kind that folds to about 4" square).

Although I don't have a bumper I have learned over the years that storing the dump hose in the bumper will eventually wear pinholes in the hose as it rubs against the metal when traveling. Depending on the amount of travel determines the amount of wear. And more expensive hoses with better material last longer than the cheap ones.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-14-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xrated
    Thanks for the share and the awesome Idea, I may just have to make one myself. Although looking at pics I am a bit jealous that you dont have a Valtera valve on your dump line to left of pic....... LOL LOL ..... thanks again and everyone be safe.....
    Jim
    2018 Grand Design
    Reflection 307 MKS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used something similar, not as fancy as a slide out gutter though! I used a plastic fence post and mounted it to the rear bumper using long hose clamps. I like to leave the 90 degree elbow attached to the hose so it's less "crap" that I have to mess around with. To accommodate the elbow, I made a cutout in one end. This also prevents the hose from sliding completely into the fence post. This is what ultimately kept me from buying an off the shelf system. From what I could find, the off the shelf systems assumed the 90 elbow there the slinky goes into the sewer stays attached.

Looks pretty good, maybe not professional, but not bad. The boss is happy with how it looks and I’m happy with a good storage sport for the slinky. Including the trip to the hardware store, about 2 hours and maybe $75 for the post, fnnce post end caps, hinge, small bungee’s. Wish I could find the pictures...
    Last edited by RvReno; 02-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of getting abused for this .. I bought a Lippert Waste Master hose system since I've had several bad experiences with leaky/broken bayonet connectors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81WFaYXHAsL.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	32105

For storing it, I got the little storage box from Lippert ..

Name:	362881_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	32104

then mounted it inside the GD storage tube that was already in place under my rig. The box end fits perfectly inside 4" schedule 40 PVC, which, in turn, fits perfectly in the stock storage tube.

Name:	20210202_191713.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	32106

Maybe this'll help someone, but it sounds like most here are ok with the bayonet fittings.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    I have used the plastic sewer tube that you mentioned in your post. Very easy to install and really liked the fact that it is adjustable. Our fifth wheel came with a nice storage tube that will hold the Rhino with the connections attached so the second one is just for extra hose length. I used to have a TT with bumper storage and we did end up with rust on the inside of the storage tube but not bad enough to worry about rusting through.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beam clamp link update. Lowest price I could find.
    https://www.amazon.com/Halex-96560-A.../dp/B000KKLRF2
    - El Hefe

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an airtight plastic storage bin where I put all my sewer items. The bin is stored in the pass through storage.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Ditto. I also used the same arrangement to store a 7' folding ladder (the kind that folds to about 4" square).

Although I don't have a bumper I have learned over the years that storing the dump hose in the bumper will eventually wear pinholes in the hose as it rubs against the metal when traveling. Depending on the amount of travel determines the amount of wear. And more expensive hoses with better material last longer than the cheap ones.
    Great info, thank you! This would be another reason to do the sliding gutter in the fencepost thing - let the plastic gutter and fence post tube take all the abuse!

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast