User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing it for a lot of years. Never had a problem.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brach311 View Post
    Been doing it for a lot of years. Never had a problem.
    You know you just jinxed yourself!
    signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    I didn't want to do that for two reasons.....I didn't want to use what limited space I have in the pass through.....and I want the hose to dry out. It worked great in that plastic hose carrier that Camping World sells....just tool some time to figure how and where to mount it... I looked at other options, but since I had the powered stabilizers installed, there was not any room to install this or anything else under the trailer. And like I mentioned, storage in the pass thru is not an option for me as this is the only outside storage available. I will try and take some pictures soon of what I did on our 22MLS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	32190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	32191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	32192
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Here is mine. One 8' piece of 5" vinyl fence post and inside of it, I bought a 10' piece of vinyl guttering and cut it down (length wise) to fit inside the fence post. The gutter piece also has an end cap on both ends of it and is long enough to hold two 10' pieces of the slinky hose. I cut it short enough that I also have room inside the fence post to put my clear 90 degree sewer connection in there too. I used plastic paint and made it black and mounted it under the trailer.....

An older picture from my previous trailer, but the same setup....

And one more....
    I know this is an older post and I really like the idea.
    Have an idea and maybe it wont work, but why not run with the length of the trailer?
    Maybe it's not possible though and we don't have our trailer to see or if someone thought of it already.
    I am not against using the rear bumper, just a thought.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I know this is an older post and I really like the idea.
    Have an idea and maybe it wont work, but why not run with the length of the trailer?
    Maybe it's not possible though and we don't have our trailer to see or if someone thought of it already.
    I am not against using the rear bumper, just a thought.
    I think with most trailers, the main frame I beam is probably just too far back from the outside edge of the trailer....which is normally the black skirting that you see in my pictures. The frame is probably at least a foot or so back, plus putting it in and taking it out of the holder would just be a lot more difficult....not mention the coroplast that is screwed into the bottom flange of the I beam.

I liked mine so much, that I added another one up front...by the landing gear....

This one however, is not the the stinky slinky.....

and one more....
    This is what resides in the front tube....
    Last edited by xrated; 01-27-2022 at 05:07 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    ... and mounted it under the trailer.....
    Did you use any kind of bracket in the center of the trailer or is it only mounted on both ends? Family got me a Valterra Adjustable EZ Hose carrier this pat Christmas, and I find myself wondering how I can use the center bracket because of the enclosed undercarriage and not knowing where/how to install it to make use of that bracket.

2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2015 Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by failproof View Post
    Did you use any kind of bracket in the center of the trailer or is it only mounted on both ends? Family got me a Valterra Adjustable EZ Hose carrier this pat Christmas, and I find myself wondering how I can use the center bracket because of the enclosed undercarriage and not knowing where/how to install it to make use of that bracket.
    No center bracket on mine.....scroll up and you can see my vinyl fence post for the ladder.....the stinky slinky is mounted the exact same way. I'm not familiar with the Vlaterra hose carrier that you got, so I can't speak whether or not it would really need a center support.....but the fence post doesn't and I've put over 15K miles on the trailer since owning it and it's still just fine.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My concern with the Valterra adjustable is that it is actually two tubes, one that slides into the other, and can be adjusted to the size you need, which makes me think it might sag a little in the center. It came with a separate center bracket, likely for that very reason. In theory, if it can't move on either end and there's enough overlap of the two tubes, it shouldn't come apart, but still makes me hesitant because plastic/pvc will wear over time and use, and could still end up sagging eventually even if not at first. Maybe if I mark the install length and then use some pvc glue to permenantly set the length and keep them from being able to slide, I'll be OK.

2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2015 Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinky Slinky: Where Do You Store Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    Walmart* has some nice bins with locking latches on the lid that works perfectly for my Water supplies and Waste hose and caps (not in the same bin [emoji16]). The bins just fit into the cargo bay access holes and once inside plenty of room to set something on top of them ie, your 30 Amp cord(s). Example: My bin contains a White 25’ Water hose, 4’ Flex hose, Water Pressure Gauge, Two Water filters, Fresh Water Fill device, Exterior Shower hose and Nozzle and a small measuring cup.
    Last edited by KGoesele; 07-11-2023 at 12:55 AM.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinky Slinky: Where Do You Store Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    Rhino dump hoses don’t fit in our rear bumper. We also purchase a box of latex gloves so you don’t touch anything poopy, and when you are done just grab the glove and pull off while flipping the opposite inside out and wrapped in a ball to toss in the nearest waste receptacle. FYI only!
    Last edited by KGoesele; 07-11-2023 at 12:51 AM.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast