User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinky Slinky: Where Do You Store Yours?

Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    My Reflection came with the plastic hose carrier so I use that. My previous Rockwood didn't have that but had the back bumper storage like yours. I stored there for 11 years before I traded it in on the 297RSTS and never had an issue with the bumper rusting our. I think you are fine to use the bumper.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Where do you store your sewer hoses?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper;

-Dave in NH
    I store mine in a dedicated plastic (Rubbermaid IIRC) bin in the forward storage compartment. It holds three hose lengths and associated fittings.

My Rhino brand hose sections will not fit in the bumper due to the connection ends.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

-Dave in NH

I store two lengths/sections of sewer hose in the bumper of my Imagine 2970RL. Fits perfectly. All fittings are in a plastic container in the pass through.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both the bumper ( with end caps) and a storage bin with accessories and an extra length.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is mine. One 8' piece of 5" vinyl fence post and inside of it, I bought a 10' piece of vinyl guttering and cut it down (length wise) to fit inside the fence post. The gutter piece also has an end cap on both ends of it and is long enough to hold two 10' pieces of the slinky hose. I cut it short enough that I also have room inside the fence post to put my clear 90 degree sewer connection in there too. I used plastic paint and made it black and mounted it under the trailer.....

An older picture from my previous trailer, but the same setup....

And one more....
    Last edited by xrated; 02-09-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Here is mine. One 8' piece of 5" vinyl fence post and inside of it, I bought a 10' piece of vinyl guttering and cut it down (length wise) to fit inside the fence post. The gutter piece also has an end cap on both ends of it and is long enough to hold two 10' pieces of the slinky hose. I cut it short enough that I also have room inside the fence post to put my clear 90 degree sewer connection in there too. I used plastic paint and made it black and mounted it under the trailer.....

An older picture from my previous trailer, but the same setup....

And one more....
    Wow! I love it! What a great idea - a gutter to put the hose in (and keeps the tube from getting nasty) and a handy slide in/out in the carrier tube. You even have a locking latch and a bungee leash to keep from losing the cap. Nice!

No wasted storage space in the pass-through, and a great way to keep nasty stuff to itself.

I think I may have to copy this creative solution.

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey xrated,

BTW, how did you attach the fence post tube to the bottom of the trailer?

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey xrated,

BTW, how did you attach the fence post tube to the bottom of the trailer?

-Dave
    Dave, it you look closely, you will see a piece of aluminum angle that is attached to the mid-leveler leg.....the part that has multiple holes in it. I drilled the angle to match the existing holes (no new holes drilled in the leveler leg support), and then bolted the angle to it. This was done the same way on the other side of the trailer (curbside that you cannot see). So the fence tube rests on the top of that angle on both sides. The I used some metal strapping like you use to make pipe hangers and bolted that to the angle, then up, over, and down to the other side of the fence post, then bolted it on that side too.....same exact procedure on the curbside of the trailer. To me, it would be more secure sitting on top of a bracket (aluminum angle) and bolted/strapped down, than to be hanging from strapping that would be bolted to the bottom of the trailer. Hope that helps.

And if you also look closely, the bottom of the fence tube is higher up than say the axle tubes, so there should be no danger of it hitting anything or making contact with anything.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a picture of my storage in the bumper. Note the small hole drilled in the hose end cap. This allows for air to escape as it warms up in the hose. Before the hole the hose would expand and pop off the bumper caps.

I also ran a length of paracord through the bumper and connected to each bumper cap on either end. No more lost caps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210209_165023418~2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	32013
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast