User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Quality

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m replacing my Westlakes which came standard on our 2021 2500rl with the Goodyear’s.

Forget the “internet “ test. Go compare them next to each other in person, I just did. It will become painfully obvious of the advantage of the Goodyear’s. Bend the sidewalls of both. Push down on the crown of the two tires standing up. Again painfully obvious.

So it come down to risk vs reward, or risk avoidance.
    1- is there a safety component. You bet. A blowout is not conducive to having control of your vehicles. We could get injured or even injure others
    2- is there a financial component. You bet again. Spending $600 on new tires vs thousands on skirt repairs when not if they let go.

Its kind of insulting to call the dedicated posters who have had legitimate issues and opinions “ a few loud people”

I remember when only a few people were killed driving Ford Pintos when they were rear ended and the cars exploded due to. Faulty design. A faulty design known to the company who determined settling the lawsuits was cheaper than changing the millions of cars.

So the premise put forward by NB Canada that “ a very few loud people that have had issues amongst the many thousands who haven’t “ doesn’t really pass mustard. I would not follow that advice. I intend to replace these substandard tires that I was provided.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I’m replacing my Westlakes which came standard on our 2021 2500rl with the Goodyear’s.

Forget the “internet “ test. Go compare them next to each other in person, I just did. It will become painfully obvious of the advantage of the Goodyear’s. Bend the sidewalls of both. Push down on the crown of the two tires standing up. Again painfully obvious.

1- is there a safety component. You bet. A blowout is not conducive to having control of your vehicles. We could get injured or even injure others
    2- is there a financial component. You bet again. Spending $600 on new tires vs thousands on skirt repairs when not if they let go.

Its kind of insulting to call the dedicated posters who have had legitimate issues and opinions “ a few loud people”

I remember when only a few people were killed driving Ford Pintos when they were rear ended and the cars exploded due to. Faulty design. A faulty design known to the company who determined settling the lawsuits was cheaper than changing the millions of cars.

So the premise put forward by NB Canada that “ a very few loud people that have had issues amongst the many thousands who haven’t “ doesn’t really pass mustard. I would not follow that advice. I intend to replace these substandard tires that I was provided.
    You do you

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when are you replacing the “substandard” suspension?
    So when are you replacing the “substandard” brakes to disc?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bend the sidewalls of both. Push down on the crown of the two tires standing up.
    This was my experience also comparing GY Endurance with Westlakes and also to our previous Castle Rocks.

After receiving the tires from Discount Tire Direct, in both cases I took two wheels off at a time to my local auto shop. There, after dismounting the old tires, I pressed down on each brand and could immediately feel that the Endurance tire was stiffer. I think it’s due to GY’s Durawall Technology:
    https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...e-trailer-tire

The Endurance tires were also heavier then the other two brands.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Westlake's?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    For your safety; I would switch out tires if they are Westlake to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires. Had Westlake blow on busy Int 85 outside of Atlanta and thank God a GA Hero Unit came with their large flashing lights and diverted traffic over one lane so that we could change tire in safety. Just read where this past weekend in 2 separate cases people were killed changing tires on Interstates in Atlanta and this happens all the time. I always check tire pressure before each trip and check torque of lug nuts. Inflate tires to recommended pressure, mind it's 65 lbs. Make sure you have all necessary tools needed to change tire, jack, wooden blocks to support jack for different heights you may encounter on side of road, sockets, torque wrench, long handle racket or impact wrench to break lug nuts loose. Found out on my camper spare tire required different size socket to remove from spare tire holder than lug nuts on camper - now have same head size lug nuts on everything. I have 12v battery operated Milwaukee tire inflator that I use all the time to fill tires and it works great - highly recommend this to everyone..
    Lessons learned:
    1. Get Goodyear Endurance USA made tires if you have Westlake
    2. Always call Hero unit if they are available before starting to change tire on Interstate.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...5-20/304768834
    Just curious if you had LRD or LRE Westlake's on your trailer... I am guessing you had LRD's from the recommended 65 psi pressure.
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezetterstrand View Post
    I am receiving a new unit in April 2021. 2500RL.What are the quality of the tires from the factory? I did not take notice of the tire brand when looking at the unit at the dealer.
    I would not chanche the new tires because of the brand.
    Let me first calculate if the maxload of tires have enaugh reserve, to make them last up to 10 years!!!!.
    And that is for ST 30 % , and LT 11%, to my conclusions.

For that , give tire specification, and GVWR, GAWR('s) and configuration ( number of axels).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123