User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answering my own question in case a search leads someone here, yes including freight.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin1 View Post
    Answering my own question in case a search leads someone here, yes including freight.
    Really need to strip freight out of these comparisons.

The auto industry has a set freight price for every vehicle no matter where it is shipped to. A dealer 20 miles from the factory pays the same as one 2000 miles away.
    Not so for RVs. The freight cost is based on mileage. And it is a very real cost to the dealer. So one will be able to get better pricing the closer you get to the factory. For those of us that live far away, we have a choice. Pay more locally, or travel to save some $$$. Both choices have their pros and cons.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin1 View Post
    Looking to buy a 340rds myself. Having problems finding a dealer willing to deal in central Florida. Also, we talking 30% off including freight?
    I picked up my 340RDS back in September and all I could negotiate back then was them taking off Tax, Title, License and Freight. However, I was able to negotiate a fair trade in value on my Cougar 25RES.

Would like to have waited till the market slowed down but we needed to make the switch.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Really need to strip freight out of these comparisons.

The auto industry has a set freight price for every vehicle no matter where it is shipped to. A dealer 20 miles from the factory pays the same as one 2000 miles away.
    Not so for RVs. The freight cost is based on mileage. And it is a very real cost to the dealer. So one will be able to get better pricing the closer you get to the factory. For those of us that live far away, we have a choice. Pay more locally, or travel to save some $$$. Both choices have their pros and cons.
    The dealer I used claims to not charge a freight, prep, or demo fee.. Now I’m sure it is in their sales price. The only listed fee is a doc and tag fee which is $199.00. With that being said I negotiated right at 30% off MSRP. Only extra I had was my state tax which was $500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received an offer from a dealer for a new 2021 refection 303RLS for 12.5% off MSRP. They seem to think I'm crazy for wanting any more off. They don't seem eager to discount any more but that does not seem to be a reasonable deal to me from what I have read here. They mentioned that freight charges are high and the Grand Designs are not discounted as much as other brands are. Thoughts?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last 5th wheel I purchased back in 2015 we paid $42,300 and the MSRP was $63,995 (32.8% off MSRP). Unfortunately, we just ordered our GD Imagine 2050RK And the MSRP was $37,986 and we could only get them down to $31,200 (18.5% off MSRP) but got them to throw in the Furrion Vision S 7 camera system and a Green Mountain Grill Davey Crockett that they were promoting at the RV show. I feel this was pretty good considering the supply (lack of) and demand right now. We did sell our 5th wheel to a private party and got $5K over NADA so I think in the end it was a wash and we are happy with the deal we got....it will be a little disheartening if a year from now the market flips and the prices drop. But I am not going to fret over what I can't control. Our unit is enroute now so we hope to have it in a week or so (fingers crossed).
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I just received an offer from a dealer for a new 2021 refection 303RLS for 12.5% off MSRP. They seem to think I'm crazy for wanting any more off. They don't seem eager to discount any more but that does not seem to be a reasonable deal to me from what I have read here. They mentioned that freight charges are high and the Grand Designs are not discounted as much as other brands are. Thoughts?
    I think you could do a little better... closer to 18-20% off but likely that would be sign on the dotted line final offer pricing. We just ordered ours and could only get 18.5% off MSRP but got them to kick in about $800 worth of aftermarket goodies for free. The problem is, if you don't buy it, there is someone in line behind you that will. GD is a popular brand as well, so that doesn't help your odds either. Bottom line, if you can get in the ballpark of 18-20%, I think you did well. Anything above that and you did awesome.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just put a down payment on a new 337. Worked with the dealer to get down to 22.25% off of MSRP thru negotiating. They started at 20% off MSRP.
    The dealer already had a unit on order that will arrive mid-April, so we will not have to wait 3 moths.

Slide toppers being added and we went with the Reese Goosebox for a hitch option.

Can't wait to get back to the campgrounds!
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve78 View Post
    We just put a down payment on a new 337. Worked with the dealer to get down to 22.25% off of MSRP thru negotiating. They started at 20% off MSRP.
    The dealer already had a unit on order that will arrive mid-April, so we will not have to wait 3 moths.

Slide toppers being added and we went with the Reese Goosebox for a hitch option.

Can't wait to get back to the campgrounds!
    Congrats on the new RV!
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 337 and got 26% off MSRP with little effort but prices are going up and inventory is sparse. They had what we wanted in stock but had we waited for another delivery it was at least 4-6 weeks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast