User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dining table/easy chairs slide out problem

We have a 2018 GD 337 RLS. Our dining slideout has a problem on the back end. It goes in and out but is getting a groove cut in the underside near the back, and has been spitting pieces of plastic and wood out in the corner by the couch.

Does anyone have an idea about the cause and cure?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A633752-B66C-4FFB-A49F-D1C30529D0F5.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	878.0 KB 
ID:	33658

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GeorgeJ,
    Had the same issue on our previous TT. After extending the slide out. I lifted up the carpet and discovered a screw had backed out of the plastic rub railing the slide rides on as it goes in and out of the unit. The screw damage looked exactly like this. Had to lift the slide slightly with a floor jack to get the screw out. It was striped out of course so I had to jam in some wood slivers to get the screw to reseat tightly again into the floor. I then used a razor blade to cut off the frayed material and remove excess wood shavings. take your time as the smoother this is the better repair result you will see. I then installed RV Flex Mend Underbelly Tape 20'L x 4"W (amazon $14). With the slide slightly raised you can insert one end of the flex mend into the unit and wrap it up around the slide floor for a clean fit. then cut the tape to fit the repair area as needed. This lasted me 2 years without further damage to the area.

Dutchman2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dutchman2, thanks for the detailed reply! That sounds exactly like what we have and I will use your ideas. You must have a very tall jack or a lot of wood blocks to put under it! I’ll order some of that tape, thanks again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just need to raise slide enough to see daylight between frame and slide. I used 4x4 for elevation and also as support across the underside of the slide.

Dutchman2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax