User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared23 View Post
    I just figured out what you meant by getting caught up in the slider. I have never owned a sliding hitch so that has not been an issue for me. Having seen the Pullrite hitch that my friend had, I don't think that would be an issue though. The sliding mechanism for that hitch is pretty well protected under the rails. There is not much for the strap to get caught up in on the top side.
    Thanks Tom. Definitely going with the retractable now. Just got to decide which one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    I am monitoring both the Ford Forum websites and Grand design Websites to find a "no stress" Tonneau cover for a 2020/21 Ford F250 Short box using the Pullrite Superglide. My wife says I worry too much, soooo I don`t want to worry about
    - hitting the cover with the hitch head when the slide moves back into the straight position, or,
    - clearing the cover when it is folded up or rolled up near the window when making turns, or,
    - clearing the bed / tonneau cover side rails on turns .
    I would appreciate any advice on any worry free cover any members are using to accomplish this. Thank you
    I have a pullrite hitch and love the Roll-N-Lock cover. Recommend it. Cheers.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    I have a pullrite hitch and love the Roll-N-Lock cover. Recommend it. Cheers.
    J Maguire, I see you have the non-slider Pullrite (2100) Do you have the 8 ft box? Did they have to drill any holes in the aluminum portion of your bed with the Roll-n-lock? thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    J Maguire, I see you have the non-slider Pullrite (2100) Do you have the 8 ft box? Did they have to drill any holes in the aluminum portion of your bed with the Roll-n-lock? thanks
    No slider. Standard bed. Turning Point is locked out, plenty of room to maneuver. The Roll n Lock did not require any drilling into aluminum but not all installs are the same, depends on the truck.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spent a bit more time looking at tonneaus today. I found the latest Pace Edwards model, their Ultragroove, which I had forgotten about. It has all of the features that I like plus a couple of others. Of course it is also their most expensive. It has no exterior locking knobs, and it can be latched into several partially retracted positions. It also comes with the grooved tracks in case you want to put any kind of rack on top (when you are not towing your fifth wheel). It also has a nice detail at the back end of the track which should reduce the amount of leakage at the tailgate corners.
    Now I just have to convince myself to pay the price, and decide whether or not to swallow extra hard and spring for the all metal version instead of the vinyl finish. I'll probably wait to make a final decision until my new truck arrives and I see how I feel after writing that check.
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2017 Solitude 310GK, new to us Nov. 2020
    2021 F350

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared23 View Post
    I just spent a bit more time looking at tonneaus today. I found the latest Pace Edwards model, their Ultragroove, which I had forgotten about. It has all of the features that I like plus a couple of others. Of course it is also their most expensive. It has no exterior locking knobs, and it can be latched into several partially retracted positions. It also comes with the grooved tracks in case you want to put any kind of rack on top (when you are not towing your fifth wheel). It also has a nice detail at the back end of the track which should reduce the amount of leakage at the tailgate corners.
    Now I just have to convince myself to pay the price, and decide whether or not to swallow extra hard and spring for the all metal version instead of the vinyl finish. I'll probably wait to make a final decision until my new truck arrives and I see how I feel after writing that check.
    I hear you Tom. These trucks and tonneau covers are expensive enough in Canadian dollars then you got to add rediculous tax.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Jackrabbit. It does have the strap, as mentioned, but it is easily kept in place with the Velcro at the end. We have the Andersen aluminum, and I have the coupler set in the rear-facing position. No problems with my F-350 and 6’9” bed.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    So mine is anecdotal. I have an F350 SRW with an 8' bed and a 320MKS. I have the Retrax hard retractable cover. Even though this coach is new for us, I still have been at 100° into a turn without issues. Now, remember, this is an 8' bed. I didn't hit the rails or the cover.

I really like the Retrax covers. Very sturdy and lockable. Thieves would bed a crowbar to get into the back, unlike the Tonneau covers, where they only need a knife.

https://www.retrax.com

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    We also have the 350SRW and 320 MKS but we have a tri fold Extang tonneau we are very happy with. Great clearance and can lock it in place after we unhook. As it still covers about a third of the bed when we are hitched up, it works well to store up front out of the weather.
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a 6 3/4 foot box or an 8 foot box with your Extang trifold?
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2017 Solitude 310GK, new to us Nov. 2020
    2021 F350

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit with our F-350 with 6. 3/4’ bed. No drilling necessary. Good clearance over our hitch for closing when we are not hooked up. I have a Curt A-16 that we tow our 311 BHS with so no slider. The jack rabbit does have an external lock and has various closing points... I can close it some while hooked up to cover the front of the bed with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 311BHS / 16K Airborne Sidewinder
    TV: 2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch / Airlifter Ultimate 5000 air bags / 16K Curt Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast