User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noodling over 2018 Imagine 2150

Hi all. Anyone out there with experience with this model as far as reliability and build quality. GD must have discontinued this model in the past couple of years. Considering trading for one and looking for any real life experience. Thx

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TN Bigfoot View Post
    Hi all. Anyone out there with experience with this model as far as reliability and build quality. GD must have discontinued this model in the past couple of years. Considering trading for one and looking for any real life experience. Thx
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2150, have used it for two seasons, and love it. We have the theater seats, not the chaise configuration, so it's basically a couples camper. We're empty nesters so its just the two of us an our small dog so its perfect for us. We think the quality is good, we've not had any structural issues whatsoever (knock wood). We did purchase it new, and only had one warranty issue so far. It was a paint issue on the cover for the furnace vent. I called the salesperson, then texted him a picture of the vent cover and two days later a replacement arrived via UPS. We live hundreds of miles from the dealer so I was thrilled that they would replace it that way. It has a good size bathroom for a camper that size. It has ducted air conditioning, and is much quieter than our prior camper. I wish it had more outside storage but for a camper this size it is sufficient. It has two gray tanks. If we use the campground showers we can easily go a week without having to drain the tanks.

If you have specific questions I'll try to answer them as best I can.

René

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build quality and reliability are not concepts that are model-specific. The construction is the same on all of the Imagine line and the same vendor-supplied components are used. For example, Lippert makes the chassis, right now Dexter probably supplies the axles and brakes, Dometic or Norcold the refrigerator, Airxcel the furnace and possibly the AC, etc. This is true for almost every brand of RV out there. Ask other Imagine TT owners about their experiences in general - no matter the Imagine model - and you'll get useable feedback.

This said, there's not an RV out there that won't have an issue at some point (some sooner than later). It's also important to ask people about their experiences with Grand Design when they needed help (as @Rene L related above) - something Grand Design is known for.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015