User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dover. FL
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Carbon Monoxide/Propane Alarm

    DW called this morning to say the alarm went off. She silenced it but the lights, green & red, did not clear. Wierd thing because we don't use the propane. Its turned off at both bottles. Being out of the state for work I had her take it off the wall to check the connections. Everything looked ok (by video chat). The date on the detector is Sep 19. Any ideas? I'm thinking replace.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

  2. #2
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta2.0 View Post
    DW called this morning to say the alarm went off. She silenced it but the lights, green & red, did not clear. Wierd thing because we don't use the propane. Its turned off at both bottles. Being out of the state for work I had her take it off the wall to check the connections. Everything looked ok (by video chat). The date on the detector is Sep 19. Any ideas? I'm thinking replace.
    I would replace the battery. I had a similar issue and this worked for me.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

  3. #3
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dover. FL
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I would replace the battery. I had a similar issue and this worked for me.
    This unit is only hard wired. No battery.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

  4. #4
    Big Traveler
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was she using any cleaning products? There are other sources of gaseous hydrocarbons in an RV besides propane.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

  5. #5
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta2.0 View Post
    This unit is only hard wired. No battery.
    Ah ha, my mistake. I was thinking of my smoke alarm on the ceiling in my camper.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

  6. #6
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dover. FL
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Was she using any cleaning products? There are other sources of gaseous hydrocarbons in an RV besides propane.
    Not that I know of but I'm out of town. She is pretty particular about cleaning products, only natural based products but you're right. I'm going to have her try and vacuum it to make sure its not got some dust or pet hair built up in it.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

  7. #7
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dover. FL
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    Ah ha, my mistake. I was thinking of my smoke alarm on the ceiling in my camper.
    No worries. Thanks.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

  8. #8
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta2.0 View Post
    Not that I know of but I'm out of town. She is pretty particular about cleaning products, only natural based products but you're right. I'm going to have her try and vacuum it to make sure its not got some dust or pet hair built up in it.
    As dumb as it sounds, I could have sworn that I read somewhere on here that even dog farts may set these off. lol
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

  9. #9
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dover. FL
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    As dumb as it sounds, I could have sworn that I read somewhere on here that even dog farts may set these off. lol
    LOL. I read that too.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor JCR GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Central Cal
    Posts
    3,077
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low trailer battery voltage can set it off also...
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.