User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surge Protector for 2021 2670MK

I have a 2021 2670MK on order and I am wondering if anyone has installed a hard wired 50amp surge protector? Is there an easy access spot to wire in the surge protector in the cargo areas as I don't remember where the cord plugs into camper. Thanks

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most folks install EMSs behind the power distribution panel, not where the inlet fixture is. You can remove the power distribution panel from inside the trailer and look to see what kind of space you have back there. From installing three of them (in fifth wheels), I'll tell you that the hardest part is dealing with the 6 gauge wire and getting it to bend inside the EMS!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbajim View Post
    I have a 2021 2670MK on order and I am wondering if anyone has installed a hard wired 50amp surge protector? Is there an easy access spot to wire in the surge protector in the cargo areas as I don't remember where the cord plugs into camper. Thanks
    I was going to install one in our early 2021 2670mk. I later decided that I would go with the pedestal version. But I believe you can access the wiring from the bedroom by removing a drawer and pulling the converter out. I have been pleased with the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. I ordered it before taking possession of the trailer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbajim View Post
    I went through the same dilemma and decided to go with the pedestal model. I am glad I did as I just made an offer on my 3rd trailer and the EMS will go with me, not left behind.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2670mk in December I just ordered a pedestal style bulldog 50 amp protector

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the pedestal model. I like it best because I can actually see if there is an issue with the electrical wiring at the pedestal before I actually plug my camper into it.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 2670MK here - I went with (2) Progressive pedestal models - cause one is never enough

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. Like the pedestal model for all the above reasons. Can easily see if the codes that cycle through and when we trade in the surge protector will go with us. Be sure to secure with a cable lock. Read to many stories of campers and non campers helping themselves. Darn thieves!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoy View Post
    We use the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. Like the pedestal model for all the above reasons. Can easily see if the codes that cycle through and when we trade in the surge protector will go with us. Be sure to secure with a cable lock. Read to many stories of campers and non campers helping themselves. Darn thieves!
    Same. I grabbed this guy: https://www.technorv.com/50a-surge-g...tection-34951/
    Along with a lock and the wireless display... Darn thieves!

Eric

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the pedestal version. Mine is a 30 amp, left over from my old 5th. Since we don't have the second AC, everything can be run on 30. Makes for a much lighter, easier to manage power cord, and sometimes a slight savings on campground fees.
    With the main distribution panel being in the base of the bedroom closet, working in there and trying to get something new wedged in appeared to me to be near the top of the "not fun" list.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)