User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310 GK question: what's the length from back axle to back of rig?

Solitude 310 owners, a quick question please!
    Parking is rather crowded in our area - next to the lake so a lot of boats and RVs in this area and it's off-season.
    There are a few options, one of them a 30' ft slot that backs to an open field, so the back of the rig can hang out over the grass.
    However, the full space is for 30' not the 35' of the full rig length.

What's the ballpark length from the back axle to the rear of the rig?
    Off top of my head it's gotta be longer than 5' easy, but I'm not sure with our rig still at the dealer lot while I secure parking!

Thank you!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Solitude 310 owners, a quick question please! What's the ballpark length from the back axle to the rear of the rig?
    Off top of my head it's gotta be longer than 5' easy, but I'm not sure with our rig still at the dealer lot while I secure parking!
    Just measured it for you. On our 2018 it's 137 1/2" (11.46 feet) from the axle to the rear of the rear bumper. (Now you know why people caution about tail swing when turning.)

HOWEVER, important, our trailer is sitting forlornly in our driveway at a Covid-lockdown temperature of 16F degrees. Materials shrink when they are cold so you'd better add a half-inch or more to the above if your trailer is going to be used in human-friendly temperatures.
    Last edited by boyscout; 02-10-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Just measured it for you. On our 2018 it's 137 1/2" (11.46 feet) from the axle to the rear of the rear bumper. (Now you know why people caution about tail swing when turning.)

HOWEVER, important, our trailer is sitting forlornly in our driveway at a Covid-lockdown temperature of 16F degrees. Materials shrink when they are cold so you'd better add a half-inch or more to the above if your trailer is going to be used in human-friendly temperatures.
    Awesome, thank you! It just needs to be more than 5' if I'm going to consider this specific parking slot. It's my 2nd choice, but good to have options when there are slim pickings in our immediate area this time of year!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solitude 310 owners, a quick question please!
    Parking is rather crowded in our area - next to the lake so a lot of boats and RVs in this area and it's off-season.
    There are a few options, one of them a 30' ft slot that backs to an open field, so the back of the rig can hang out over the grass.
    However, the full space is for 30' not the 35' of the full rig length.

What's the ballpark length from the back axle to the rear of the rig?

Thank you!

Well over your 5' requirement. When I measured ours (2018 310GK) it was 138.25" (11' 6-1/4") from the centerline of the rear axle to the outside of the rear bumper. Your mileage (and measurement) may vary, but should be in the ball park.

Note: Your limiter is actually the rear jack (assuming you want to put them down to stabilize the trailer). On my trailer both rear jack centerlines are 40-1/2" behind the rear axle centerline. So about 45" to rear edge of the jack pad. So about 7' 9-1/4" from rear of jack pad to rear bumper.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-10-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most measuring devices require the user to ensure the atmospheric temperature difference is not greater than 2 degrees (C) from said device. Any variance in the measured length and actual length is entirely the responsibility of the user and any statements which may indicate that the user is using the SWAG method to negate the users responsibility for measuring accuracy will not absolve said user from Liability, nor punishment under the laws of nature. You have been warned !!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris - that thought was kicking around yesterday, also.
    David - hillarious! You can always tell the engineering minds by answers like that, right??!!

On the plus side, I was at the Uhaul place with the 30' slot yesterday, waiting for the manager to come back in from the lot... I started looking on google maps for other options - I had only searched on the PC using another search engine. Low and behold, found a place even closer to home - only 2 miles! - and they had a slot, so I didn't even bother looking at the Uhaul slot. Ran over there, checked it out, paced out the distance (about 40' of usable space), signed contract, and paid for the year. And all for a better price per month - $75 vs $110 at Uhaul. They even have newly installed power plugs on all of their security lights in the lot, so can plug in the night before a trip and get the fridge running w/o risking the battery charge - bonus!

Now I'm on the 40-some deep wait-list for the $60/month pull-through parking space - maybe I'll hear from them in 2024!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the plus side, I was at the Uhaul place with the 30' slot yesterday, waiting for the manager to come back in from the lot... I started looking on google maps for other options - I had only searched on the PC using another search engine. Low and behold, found a place even closer to home - only 2 miles! - and they had a slot, so I didn't even bother looking at the Uhaul slot. Ran over there, checked it out, paced out the distance (about 40' of usable space), signed contract, and paid for the year. And all for a better price per month - $75 vs $110 at Uhaul. They even have newly installed power plugs on all of their security lights in the lot, so can plug in the night before a trip and get the fridge running w/o risking the battery charge - bonus!
    Just because you no longer need our advice doesn't mean we won't charge you for it. It was 16F when I went out to measure for you!!

Congrats on finding the right-sized space for your trailer. News that you had options is solace to Canadians worried that, when we are (hopefully) allowed to travel south late this year, we will be unable to find sites for ours.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because you no longer need our advice doesn't mean we won't charge you for it. It was 16F when I went out to measure for you!!

Congrats on finding the right-sized space for your trailer. News that you had options is solace to Canadians worried that, when we are (hopefully) allowed to travel south late this year, we will be unable to find sites for ours.
    You can bring the bill down in person... maybe someday!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R