User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Trailer Reflection 297RSTS?

We are seriously considering a 297RSTS as our first RV. I already have a F250 with a 2797 lbs. payload capacity so we can do the 315 as well. Going into this we wanted to stay around 30-34 ft for a travel trailer.

One of the concerns is that they only offer the 8 Cu. Ft. Gas/Electric fridge. I'm looking for some feedback from owners on real world experiences living with the 8 Cu. Ft. fridge. Not sure why they don't have a 12v option yet. I have asked GD and they don't have an option planned yet.

Side note is that a 16 Cu. Ft. residential is now available on the 315.

Any 315 owner's comments on towing experience would be welcome as well.

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texas05 View Post
    We are seriously considering a 297RSTS as our first RV. I already have a F250 with a 2797 lbs. payload capacity so we can do the 315 as well. Going into this we wanted to stay around 30-34 ft for a travel trailer.

One of the concerns is that they only offer the 8 Cu. Ft. Gas/Electric fridge. I'm looking for some feedback from owners on real world experiences living with the 8 Cu. Ft. fridge. Not sure why they don't have a 12v option yet. I have asked GD and they don't have an option planned yet.

Side note is that a 16 Cu. Ft. residential is now available on the 315.

Any 315 owner's comments on towing experience would be welcome as well.

Thanks
    We also have a 297RSTS and we find that the 8Cu.Ft. fridge in it works well for our needs. We have been on trips as long a 3.5 weeks and have not needed a larger fridge. Just remember with a residential fridge you will either not be as capable of boondocking or you will need to have 2 batteries for travelling. Boondocking will work if you have a reasonable solar setup thought.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preferred 265bh, lighter with bunks, has builtin solar and 12v fridge
    Last edited by marlowefamily; 02-10-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased an Alpicool LG T50 (LG compressor) portable 12v dc refrigerator to supplement the Dometic 8cf refrigerator in my 297 for when I need more space. It has worked out well.

What is neat about that model is it is a dual zone with separate temp controls. It can be all refrigerator, all freezer or a combination of both when inserting a removable divider. Got it off Amazon for about $360.

The size depends on how long you are out and the number of people. The supplemental refrigerator is a nice addition for full timing so you can take advantage of sales.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 297RSTS is a fabulous trailer and layout. We’re in it about six months out of the year. The fridge works, but can get full after replenishing supplies. If you are far away from stores, you will be limited to a couple weeks of food for two people. During our four month summer stay at the lake, we utilize a small chest freezer for convenience, but could go without it. Here are a couple pics after light restocking today. No comments on the lack of beer, as I’m currently not drinking alcohol for health reasons unfortunately. Don’t forget, you also have the outside refrigerator you can get some in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E9EC5582-4D53-49C7-9ADF-9A5ECFC87499.jpeg   BBF29318-464C-4BB3-9945-8914CC559223.jpeg  
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Steve7 We also find that the fridge in our 297RSTS works well for us so far. Mind you we have been in it for just over 3 weeks max at a time and make grocery runs about every 3 or 4 days for milk anyway. We also use the outdoor fridge for refreshments which leaves the inside one for food and for 2 people it holds enough.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we would have been fine with the 8 Cu. Ft. but we ended up going with the 315RLTS today. We liked the bedroom slide as we have 2 large dogs; German Shephard and a Border Collie. We added a 190W solar panel and an extra battery. It comes with a inverter for the residential fridge.

We looked at a lot of other brands as well that had 12V options but kept coming back to the Reflection. We were close to doing a Eagle HT 274CKDS but it has a vinyl shower door and the king bed basically took up the entire bedroom. Also the pocket doors make a big difference on the Reflection floor plans.
    Don & Missy, dogs Xander and Jase
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS (on order)
    2021 Ford F250 6.7 Tremor HCTP/
    Dallas/Fort Worth Area

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texas05 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we would have been fine with the 8 Cu. Ft. but we ended up going with the 315RLTS today. We liked the bedroom slide as we have 2 large dogs; German Shephard and a Border Collie. We added a 190W solar panel and an extra battery. It comes with a inverter for the residential fridge.

We looked at a lot of other brands as well that had 12V options but kept coming back to the Reflection. We were close to doing a Eagle HT 274CKDS but it has a vinyl shower door and the king bed basically took up the entire bedroom. Also the pocket doors make a big difference on the Reflection floor plans.
    Comgrats on the 315RLTS. I am sure you will enjoy this trailer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS