Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 29RS Black Tank T-handle disconnected

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I've been a forum member for years but always in the watch and learn mode - not in the "Help!" position.
    Camping in NC and dumped tanks this morning. When I went to close the black tank valve with the T-handle (Nautilus system), the handle was obviously disconnected from the valve. How does the handle connect to the valve and how do I get to it? Called the local GD dealers. Where I bought it said I could get an appointment in April but the service department was closed today. The next nearest one said they would try to call me back but were short handed - no return call. BTW, I had the black valve repaired where I purchased the trailer new 13 months ago - warranty repair. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about the T-handle coming off the rod or the cable coming off the valve at the "nasty" end? If the latter, you'll have to drop the Coroplast underbelly at the black tank and replace or repair the valve. I'm not sure if it's a press fit or threaded. Perhaps whomever "repaired" the valve 13 months ago could give you some insight or warranty their work.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Are you talking about the T-handle coming off the rod or the cable coming off the valve at the "nasty" end? If the latter, you'll have to drop the Coroplast underbelly at the black tank and replace or repair the valve. I'm not sure if it's a press fit or threaded. Perhaps whomever "repaired" the valve 13 months ago could give you some insight or warranty their work.

Rob
    I THINK it's disconnected at the handle end - not at the end by itself. After draining the tank when I went to shut the valve it was obvious that the handle was no longer connected on the other side of the nautilus face. The handle did not come all the way out - it stops just where it normally would when opening the valve. I assume there must be some sort of broader fitting on on the other end of the handle that keeps it from coming all the way out of the bulkhead. I've never dropped the Coroplast but I know that this was done when the black tank valve itself was repaired last year. I'm hopeful that what was come loose is just where the T-handle connects to whatever is then connected to the black tank valve - a cable? Is there a way to get to the other side of the T-handle (behind the Nautilus face) without dropping Coroplast.

Thanks for the help - BTW, read your posts with interest for years.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaBeach-Mike View Post
    I THINK it's disconnected at the handle end - not at the end by itself. After draining the tank when I went to shut the valve it was obvious that the handle was no longer connected on the other side of the nautilus face. The handle did not come all the way out - it stops just where it normally would when opening the valve. I assume there must be some sort of broader fitting on on the other end of the handle that keeps it from coming all the way out of the bulkhead. I've never dropped the Coroplast but I know that this was done when the black tank valve itself was repaired last year. I'm hopeful that what was come loose is just where the T-handle connects to whatever is then connected to the black tank valve - a cable? Is there a way to get to the other side of the T-handle (behind the Nautilus face) without dropping Coroplast.

Thanks for the help - BTW, read your posts with interest for years.
    You can get to the back side of the Nautilus panel by removing the rear wall of the basement (easy - just some screws). You can inspect the handle end of things there. With a flashlight, you should be able to see where it goes down through the floor to the black tank outlet. That will give you an idea where to cut an access flap in the Coroplast underneath to replace the valve and/or cable assembly if you have to. Just for reference, here's what the valve and cable assembly look like:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/32071

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, Rob. I'll be under early tomorrow and hopefully get this corrected. I really appreciate the help.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post your solution when completed. I have the same rig and would like to know what happened.
    Thanks!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank T-handle

Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Please post your solution when completed. I have the same rig and would like to know what happened.
    Thanks!
    Removed the wall as Rob suggested - the cable moved with the handle but it had no impact on the valve. Fortunately, the valve is open and the tank drained. Before I could start pulling the coroplast and check the valve, the wind picked up and freezing rain started and I stopped work. I have an appointment with the dealer in mid-March - hopefully this would be warranty work. If I get a chance with good weather before then I'll try again but I can't bring it to the house.