Thread: 22 rbe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 rbe

Hi folks. We have looking to down size. We have checked out a lot of smaller campers. We currently have a Shasta 26rl which has around a 32' length. We love the camper it is to big for a lot of state parks. We have narrowed it down to a couple the imagine xls 22rde is one of them. What are the strong points? Are there any issues with this being a light trailer? Any and all input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 22rbe has a very nice large bathroom and private bedroom. We sat in one for some time at the Hershey, PA RV show in late 2019 and really liked it. Although the bedroom is private we did feel it was a little cramped.

We ultimately decided on the 22mle because it has two seating areas, dinette and recliners. While we would like a bigger bathroom and private bedroom (sometimes), we spend most of our waking hours in the living area.

Unfortunately there are no perfect RVs. Someone once said that if you can get 80% of your boxes checked you are doing good.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I want to guide you in a different direction but have you looked at the 22mle? Now the 22rbe does have a larger bathroom and a separate bedroom. The 22mle is a lot more open, has a dinette (we actually love having a dedicated dinette) larger kitchen and storage. We found the bedroom separation turned the 22rbe almost claustrophobic. But that is my view and YMMV. Thats why they have 100 floor plan.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you folks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second on all the above.
    It was the open floor plan that sold us.
    As far as storage in a smaller RV, it has a lot.
    Like Steph stated, I wanted a dinette to drink my coffee in the AM plus watching the TV from the recliners is nice. The kitchen is in a good location and allows ingress/egress to the bath via the sliding door easy without banging into each other.
    A nice "couples' rig.

Good luck with your hunt.
    Last edited by Capt Bob; 02-10-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro