User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenihogue View Post
    We never buy them. Your better off making a camper fund that you save for when you might need it for repair or camping fun and supplies.
    Camper fund? How much do you need in the camper fund to fix a slide, refrigerator or Suspension? There’s only a couple things I would take it back for. When I picked up my camper this was the third camper they were trying to sell me. All had problems and every time I went to pick it up It was still a problem. I had to fix the plumbing before I took delivery on my third attempt because they didn’t know how to do it. they installed my hitch wrong And the dual batteries. so yeah I don’t trust a dealership at doing much. To install order fridge and fix the slide I’ll let them handle that. Also I’m waiting for a replacement window because one is bent and I’m worried to let them do it. I might ask them to just give it to me so I can install it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self insurance is a much better deal in the long run. So is learning to fix most things yourself.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't debate the pros and cons of buying an extended warranty but just say that I bought Good Sam's six year Extended Service Plan. Cheaper and longer than what the dealer was offering. My RV mechanic likes it, accepts it, and says it's a good plan and he (rather his wife who has to deal with all the various companies to get warranty repairs payed for) doesn't hold back when talking about good companies to deal with and bad companies to deal with. She likes it.

But like others have said. It's a gamble. But it does offer a little peace of mind that if something major happens it will probably be covered.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased it with my Reflection 337 and although I’ve had a few things replaced, they’ve been covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Nothing claimed with the extended warranty... yet.

That said, used to own a Fleetwood Prowler and purchased it with that and less than a year later they went belly up and there was no longer a manufacturer warranty and was thankful that I had the extended. Over the first 4 years I had enough replacements and repairs to pay the warranty premium over 4 times. Guess it’s one of the rare times when the ‘house’ doesn’t win the ‘bet’.

Quote Originally Posted by jtaege View Post
    Just got a new 2021 Solitude 375RES-R. Our dealer gave us the whole speech about additional warranties that we "need" to cover all of the things that could go wrong after the Grand Design warranty is over and that our insurance policy will not cover.

Is it something we should keep? We can cancel at any time and I am just wondering if others added something similar or passed. For those who did add it, have you used it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123