User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dish TV tailgater in Western and Eastern arcs

We are new to DISH TV.
    Looks like when we are in southern TX for the winter, we would reside in the Eastern arc. So since we travel between WA, MT and TX, we'd need both Western and Eastern arcs covered in the Dish Tailgater Pro?

2nd question, specific to the 2021 310GK, do we need two Wally receivers for the bedroom and living room if we want to watch different programming?

Thank you in advance!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a clear view of the western arc in the three locations, that is all you need.
    If you are around trees/buildings, the dual arc antenna can give you a second choice. I have the pathfinder II for both arcs.
    At a rv park in Maine, a neighbor locked in on the western arc. His manual antenna was pointing in a horizontal/flat direction to get a signal.
    He was lucky.
    Dish has an app to help find where the two different arcs are it you are looking thru trees

As to your second question, I don't know.
    I only have one tv.
    The pathfinder II has connections for two cables/boxes.

I hope this is helpful!
    Pat

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second question answer is “yes”. Each tv will need a set top box to receive and work independently of each other.

With the proper splitter setup, you may be able to get both TVs to operate off one Wally, but both TVs will have to watch the same programming at the same time.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest the Winegard Pathway X2 for a satellite antenna - strongest signal and picks up both arcs. If you have problems getting everything to work, both of our GD rigs have had problems with coax quality, splice fittings, etc., and there was too much signal loss for an automatic antenna. I ended up running a direct connection into the entertainment center from underneath the slide for antenna input (on both fifth wheels).

You will be limited to HD locals to the area you're in because the satellites have spot beams and, through GPS in the receiver, can tell where you are.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops!
    I have the Winegard Pathway X2.
    Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    We are new to DISH TV.
    Looks like when we are in southern TX for the winter, we would reside in the Eastern arc. So since we travel between WA, MT and TX, we'd need both Western and Eastern arcs covered in the Dish Tailgater Pro?

2nd question, specific to the 2021 310GK, do we need two Wally receivers for the bedroom and living room if we want to watch different programming?

Thank you in advance!
    Sportsdad60: We use Dish with our Pathway X2 and have good reception via the RV coax so you could try that first, if poor signal and image quality results then route as Second Chance suggested directly to the living room receiver box. As far as the bedroom....I didn't do this but wish I had and that was to use a Joey in the bedroom (we do have one at home). It's a Dish receiver that wirelessly connects to the main receiver in the living area, you just need to plug it in. The person in the bedroom would still have to view programming from the satellite the main receiver is pointed at, but you would delete the second sat cable from the Pathway X2 (in my case) and avoid any RV's problematic internal coax in the bedroom. Part of the reason we went with Dish at home was the RV connection, $7/month for each receiver in the RV when in use and I can turn them on and off from my computer. Lastly, as previously stated the Pathway X2 can see eastern and western satellites so no matter where you go you'll get reception (sans trees). Safe travels!
    Last edited by zinman; 02-07-2021 at 10:17 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"