User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you’re concerned about reliability, which is a good thing. There’s been good advice so far, especially tires. I would add stay up in your bearing maintenance. Sometimes the factory does not adequately grease the wheel bearings. It’s not a bad idea to clean, inspect and repack the bearings before too long. Then make it a regularly scheduled item per the manual. Check your hubs and drums whenever you stop to see what temp they’re running at. I use a IR gun, but you could also carefully feel with your hand. I know you have a TPMS on order, which is great for tire pressure, but the outside temp part is only so good. If you pay close attention to it you may catch a hot bearing before it’s too late.

Have fun!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Given that the Transcend line is GD's base model. What did they skimp on, that matters? Mechanically, in particular. I would like to do some 1000+ mile road trips in this trailer, so I'm willing to invest a few bucks to make sure it will be more reliable for those extended trips.
    We have a 2020 Transcend 30RBS that we have been quite happy with. Other than a couple of cosmetic issues and an interior door fit problem, all of which I repaired, we have had no issues at all.

However, I do plan on replacing the mattress this year.

I’ll use the supplied tires at least through this year then consider replacing them. When I do, I’ll add the GM TPMS since I have a Chevy truck. My understanding is you have to breakdown the tires to install the TPMS.

I’m not concerned about the battery at this time since we always camp in either state parks or private campgrounds with at least electric hookups. We didn’t boondock with our last two trailers and when I did with our motorhome, it was at a racetrack because I was on a race team. I had a generator in the motorhome as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2020 Solitude, the sofa is crap. What would make a good replacement?
    Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R 2020(Gypsy), towing with 2017 Ram diesel DRW automatic transmission (Big Red)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool A trailer is a trailer is a trailer

Very interesting thread. As an observation only a few suggested wet bolts and CRE suspension. Most comments where about non suspension or structural items.
    GD trailers should come with shock absorbers and wet bolts and CRE suspension as standard equipment; plywood sheathing to be used on the roof and replace OSB. if your a premium house builder you use premium product, if your a good house builder you use good product. GD assembles good trailers. Add those items and GD would be in a league all it’s own.
    Dump the standard WFCO converter install a smart progressive dynamic converter with lithium battery charging capability.

When talking to a RV warranty rep about a claim ( non GD) in passing he said to me...Sir a trailer is a trailer is a trailer.

Respectfully

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back we consider upgrading the mattress our most important upgrade
    for comfort.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like @j maquire said @rootusrootus --- upgrade the mattress
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a lot of mattress comments, but I was quite surprised to find the standard, rather thin Serta quite acceptable, at least for a couple days. Is it possible they stepped it up a little for 2021 models?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with most on the tires and TPMS... Sink fixtures . Get 7500 lb scissor jacks and another for the midway of the trailer for support. Replace bath fans with the 10inch ones from Vortex..Replace all marker lights with LEDs. If your frig is on the slide make sure the gas line is not kinking when sliding in and out. Buddy tape it to the power line. Replace mattress with hinged mattress.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArviscCopley View Post
    We have 2020 Solitude, the sofa is crap. What would make a good replacement?
    Any good furniture store will carry sofa's that're better than the Thomas PITA stuff.
    You'll need to spend some $$$$$ to get quality.
    Stay away from chain stores like Ashley or lazy boy. They carry low to mid quality stuff.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a new 2020 Imagine 2670MK - Have done a number of upgrades, but one I would suggest that I dont think has been mentioned yet is a couple spare thermal fuses. We have a Dometic fridge. We were new to RV'ing. This is our first purchase and the camping life is a learning experience. We moved from the Seattle area to Florida. We took 2-1/2 months to make our trip and see a bit of the country. In the South Dakota area, our fridge died. Research seemed to lead to a Thermal Fuse. I called GD, they approved a Mobile RV repair. I found one and we met at a Pilot Gas Station lot. The tech was friendly and helpful. He showed me how to replace the fuse and even gave me a spare. Depending on your fridge, you may want to invest in a couple fuses, watch some YouTube videos and be prepared. Nothing worse than being on a long trip in the middle of no where and your fridge dies!
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast