User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning Point Swivel Pin Box Question

Hello All. I just purchased a Reflection 260RD fifth wheel. I'm looking to buy a Ram 2500 with an 8' bed. I'm not familiar with the Turning Point Box so is there any advantage / disadvantage using that in an 8 foot bed instead of a 6 foot bed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Hello All. I just purchased a Reflection 260RD fifth wheel. I'm looking to buy a Ram 2500 with an 8' bed. I'm not familiar with the Turning Point Box so is there any advantage / disadvantage using that in an 8 foot bed instead of a 6 foot bed?
    Just my humble opinion... The turning point is helpful with short beds because it moves the pivot point to the rear of the king pin. With a long bed this is unnecessary. You can lock out the turning point feature by installing and torquing the lock-out bolts. This will allow the pinbox to function as a solid pinbox. This will also save you from having to purchase the proper wedge for your hitch.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I towed my Reflection with a 6 1/2 ft bed for 2ish years and never needed the Turning Point hitch. The only benefit you will have with an 8ft bed is resale value for someone with a short bed pickup...
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Turning Point pin and a short bed and don't need it unlocked; I keep it locked out full time. No slider. Plenty of room.

Furthermore, I don't like the Turning Point pin; used it for the first 6 months, experienced all kinds of sway and the wedge was an issue at times while hitching and unhitching. The wedge can also come loose. Lock out the pin and never think twice about it again with short or long box; except for maybe an occasional check on the two bolts that keep it locked out.

One more positive when locked out, no yearly maintenance on the bearing as well inside the Turning Point. Cheers.
    Last edited by J Maguire; 02-11-2021 at 10:51 PM.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost