User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 Solitude 345GK doesn't have H rated tires

Recently purchased a 2021 Solitude 345GK. It has the G rated tires. On the Grand Design website you can download the brochure. Well this states the H rated tires are standard features (page 4). Well I inquire about this from Grand Design. It has been over 2 weeks and I still haven't received any correspondence from them other than an email on 2/6 asking if anyone has contacted me. I stated no and yet still no contact. Anyone else getting this type of "support" from GD?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 Solitude 345GK doesn't have H rated tires

Quote Originally Posted by RVfreedom View Post
    Recently purchased a 2021 Solitude 345GK. It has the G rated tires. On the Grand Design website you can download the brochure. Well this states the H rated tires are standard features (page 4). Well I inquire about this from Grand Design. It has been over 2 weeks and I still haven't received any correspondence from them other than an email on 2/6 asking if anyone has contacted me. I stated no and yet still no contact. Anyone else getting this type of "support" from GD?
    Nope. Great service for me. Outstanding actually

Call at just before 8 central time and talk to a live person and get an answer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website itself lists G rated tires under the exterior tab on the 345GK. The brochure shows page 4 shows the Solitude S Class with 17.5" H rated tires which appears to be a 3450GK floor plan. Page 6 references an upgrade to 8k axles and H rated tires on non S class Solitudes... and then the small print the manufactures utilize which says they can switch out specs and features without notice.

I would still try and get the upgrade if possible but the G rated should be okay.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the build date on it?

They only switched to 17.5 H range towards the Fall time frame.

I have several 2021 Solitude's on the lot with the G range tires on them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the build date. But thanks for the response.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the build date. But thanks for the response.
    The month and year are on a sticker under the tire and loading sticker on the left front of the trailer.

Forum hint: If you're replying to a particular member, use the Reply With Quote next to Reply (as I have done here). The person to whom you are replying will receive a notification and it helps others know whom you are addressing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoffncheri, question are you saying if you have H" rated tires you also have 8K axles? thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebowman View Post
    Geoffncheri, question are you saying if you have H" rated tires you also have 8K axles? thanks in advance.
    No sir,
    Just trying to cypher the GD website and brochure based on information from the OP. Page 6 shows the 8k axle and H tires as an upgrade for the non-S class. Website shows G rated for the 345GK and I did not see it as an option on the build and price side of the website.

I think the only way to know what axle is on the rig is to crawl under and look at the axle label, but it would be likely IF a rig has H rated tires it MAY have 8k axles.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebowman View Post
    Thanks for that answer. I've confirmed that our 2021 345GK-R does not have 8000# axles but does have the cooper 17.5 load range H tires.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 17.5" wheels with Cooper H range tires are now standard on all Solitudes and Momentum 5th wheels.

Axles are 7k unless you option with 8k and disc brakes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast