User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 346FLS specs

Seems there is at least one for sale at LazyDays in Tampa with pictures - but not even a floor plan. Looks nice but can't tell if it suffers the same 'can't get to refrig with slides in' feature that we saw in the 344/345. No specs anywhere for the new model on GDs website or LazyDays. Under 38' was advertised for a Front Living model. No clue what the hitch weight might be. Anyone seen the specs for the new model?
    Thanks,
    AJG

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Seems there is at least one for sale at LazyDays in Tampa with pictures - but not even a floor plan. Looks nice but can't tell if it suffers the same 'can't get to refrig with slides in' feature that we saw in the 344/345. No specs anywhere for the new model on GDs website or LazyDays. Under 38' was advertised for a Front Living model. No clue what the hitch weight might be. Anyone seen the specs for the new model?
    Thanks,
    AJG
    The picture you see is of a FBP 380FL, not the new 346.

Grand Design has been pretty secretive on this one. I have 2 on order, ready to deliver shortly and still haven't seen a floorplan or specs.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been communicating with GDRV since the below article was published in September on the 346 Solitude and the new 336 Momentum. Supply issues and I suspect other Covid and non-Covid issues have delayed release. Steve, you certainly know more than we mere RV mortals !

https://rv-pro.com/news/2021-preview...gyMDYzMzAyMwS2

Steve - as you learn more, trust you will share.......I will do the same.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 02-12-2021 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Added Link To Article
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been interested in this one as well, we did not end up at the Tampa show. That was the only trailer that drew us there this year so we decided to wait and find it at a dealer.

This is what I found, no clue how accurate this is but .....the bedroom sure looks tight on the side of the bed. Have to get inside to feel if it is as cramped as it looks. Clearly no fridge access without opening 2 slides but good bathroom access..lunch on the road will require both slides to be deployed

https://www.rvt.com/Grand-Design-Sol...657784-UX14262
    https://www.rvusa.com/2021-grand-des...-wheel-2925737
    https://youtu.be/IRKT-8gKyaQ
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, for the links, Marcy ! Steve says not a 346 but a 380 at Lazy Days......sure looks like a 346 (be it possibly a prototype) to me.

Sometime ago, I found a new model GDRV on a Canadian dealer site as you did Marcy. Steve did confirm that that was a prototype. Apparently there must be some connection/practice/agreement between GDRV and certain large Canadian (maybe US too) dealers to get the "first off" units.

I like some of what I see on the 346 and some I am not sure of. Will need to digest this abit and hopefully see one in the coming weeks.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Thanks, for the links, Marcy ! Steve says not a 346 but a 380 at Lazy Days......sure looks like a 346 (be it possibly a prototype) to me.

Sometime ago, I found a new model GDRV on a Canadian dealer site as you did Marcy. Steve did confirm that that was a prototype. Apparently there must be some connection/practice/agreement between GDRV and certain large Canadian (maybe US too) dealers to get the "first off" units.

I like some of what I see on the 346 and some I am not sure of. Will need to digest this abit and hopefully see one in the coming weeks.

Dan
    There was a prototype 345GK at the dealer in Vermont where GD did the fall photo shoot. Very nice cabinetry - white and light wood mixture. We asked the dealer if that was the new color combination and he said no, just a prototype 345GK GD had sent them. But a very sharp looking interior.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the official production run on the 346 starts/started today. As Steve shared, dealers have been ordering for some time. Hopefully some will be shipped with some priority if needed when finished building and we can see "the real" ones in the coming weeks.

By the way, the specifications section for the 346 is now on the GDRV site.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 02-12-2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added last sentence
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received our first one. Pictures available here... https://www.tomschaeffers.com/produc...6fls-1421282-5

I scanned the actual spec sheet that came in this unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 346fls SPECS.pdf  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting. Small counter/sink. Like the lighter interior.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get to the refer with the slides in? Looks like the refer slide is not as deep and a person might be able to slip through?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast