User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    ColoradoJoel

Question Anybody done a Teflon UV coating? Is it worth it?

We just bought our 369RL and the dealership is trying to sell us on doing a "teflon UV coating" for $780 that will guarantee against cracks, peeling and fading of the exterior for a period of five years. They are telling us it's a "necessity" in Colorado. I know dealerships make money on these kinds of services and extended service plans (which we didn't buy). However, we live at altitude where the sun is intense and our last rig faded and yellowed after 2 years. It was a white fiberglass exterior.... Because of our last experience, that's the only thing that is making me consider doing it. For the money we invested in the Solitude, I would hate to see that same thing happen. Anybody have any comments or experience with these UV protection packages? Is it worth $780 to guarantee it for 5 years? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no personal experience with this coating, but I will tell you that the $780 quoted price is less than half of what I have heard others were quoted. My impression is that some folks who live in a climate like yours have found it to be a good investment. Others just wax their RV once or twice a year.
    Again, no personal experience here, just passing on things I have heard.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter bought a new rig last year and bought the "super coating" less than one year out the front cowling UV faded out and I believe that a high quality wax job twice a year will do Better than that and costs a lot less. Just my two cents.
    Scott & Carol Albuquerque, New Mexico
    2012 Ram 2500 Bagged, Tweaked Hard
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    Onan RV 5500 LP
    50 amp direct wired surge guard
    Go Power 3000 watt Inverter
    F1103110

Ditkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Abqscott View Post
    My daughter bought a new rig last year and bought the "super coating" less than one year out the front cowling UV faded out and I believe that a high quality wax job twice a year will do Better than that and costs a lot less. Just my two cents.
    Plus, it won't help save the decals, unfortunately - in our case we bought it for our old SOB toy hauler, and the decals were peeling before the 2nd year.