User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular anti-freeze is poison. Use Jack Daniels.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Regular anti-freeze is poison. Use Jack Daniels.
    Love it!
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another issue - gray tank 2 is showing full. I thought I had seen a label on the lower edge of the trailer and just went out to check it. There is a rod but no handle!!! Is there a way to pull that rod to open the valve to empty this tank? Geez! Here I knew that the valve for tank #1 was bad and now I don't have a handle for tank #2!! Would I be able to move handle 1 to make a handle for 2? Could this get any more fun????????
    Last edited by Suzm99; 02-13-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Another issue - gray tank 2 is showing full. I thought I had seen a label on the lower edge of the trailer and just went out to check it. There is a rod but no handle!!! Is there a way to pull that rod to open the valve to empty this tank? Geez! Here I knew that the valve for tank #1 was bad and now I don't have a handle for tank #2!! Would I be able to move handle 1 to make a handle for 2? Could this get any more fun????????
    Yes, you can move a handle between two dump valves. There should be a nut or screw (depending on the styles) in the center of the handle. It is probably recessed. Remove that and the handle should just pull off. You could also try a pair of pliers or vice grips if you have them. Just be careful not to damage any exposed threads. Try grabbing the smooth rod a few inches from the end.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will give these a try. Another saved the day moment by the Forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved the handle from the back valve and put it on the front one, after dropping the screw in the cold wet grass, of course. Found it with a magnet that I had no idea why I had it with me. Anyway, I can close it and open it but nothing releases. I will be doing my dishes in a tub and dumping it in the bathroom sink. Not a bad option under the circumstances.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Hey Steve, I am down here in the Austin area. Still winterized, but using the black tank with bottled water. I want to add more RV antifreeze to my tanks, but none can be had in this area. I did find a Prestone product that is Propylene glycol based. Can I use that in my black & grey tank? Thanks, Frank.
    Wish I was close by I would give you a couple RV gallons. I have been carrying 3 gallons with us ever since we were up in Northern Indiana, never needed it. Propylene Glycol will work in the black and grey tanks and in the traps but it "may" harm septic system bacteria that keeps them operating, I am not a chemist and I really don't know the differences between Propylene or Ethylene Glycol, of course the more you dilute any AZ it the weaker it gets.

I dont think the 2970 has holding tank heaters, if they started installing them, turn them on. Otherwise just keep your furnace on to keep heat in the underbelly and supplement the interior with electric heaters if necessary. Your 20# tanks will go fast running the furnace a lot, locate the nearest propane refilling station just in case, keep the unit winterized for the fresh water lines.

Just looked it up, Propylene Glycol is used in many RV antifreezes and is much less toxic. It should not harm septic systems in low quantities. On the other hand if a jug was just labeled Propylene Glycol as in Serria type automotive antifreeze, I would not trust it in fresh water supplies because of whatever else might be in it. If a jug was labeled RV antifreeze containing Propylene glycol I would tend to trust it more for potable water supplies.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-14-2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add content
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might the Propylene Glycol be okay in my gray tank that is full and I can't drain? Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m voting “yes” and think you’ve got a good idea there. But if you do, don’t drink from it, cook with it, brush your teeth or water your pets.
    - El Hefe

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great now to find it before the roads feeze

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast