User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the black pipes leading to the valves? Should I insulate them?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Might the Propylene Glycol be okay in my gray tank that is full and I can't drain? Thanks!
    If your tank is full then it won't make a difference as it will be too diluted.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    What are the black pipes leading to the valves? Should I insulate them?
    Everything with liquid should be in the underbelly. Run your furnace to keep that underbelly heated. The pipes that you're seeing are after the waste gates and will be empty. No need to worry about those.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the Rio Grande Valley and experiencing the same weather. I opened my Gray dump valves and will leave the water dripping in the kitchen and bath. Never thought about the sewer hose freezing but the tanks should not fill up overnight. I have one full propane tank and expect one could go empty tonight or tomorrow some time. I have never been hooked up in this kind of weather but not too worried. It will get above freezing during the day.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I'm in the Rio Grande Valley and experiencing the same weather. I opened my Gray dump valves and will leave the water dripping in the kitchen and bath. Never thought about the sewer hose freezing but the tanks should not fill up overnight. I have one full propane tank and expect one could go empty tonight or tomorrow some time. I have never been hooked up in this kind of weather but not too worried. It will get above freezing during the day.
    Glad you will be above freezing. In Freeport, it won’t get above freezing until Tuesday sometime. I’m on the fresh water tank now with the water pump so I don’t think dripping is an option for me. Let us know how it works out for you and I will do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just sucks! We lost power on Galveston at 0230 monday morning. ice, snow then more ice. Steam rolling off the ocean. External temp been in the teens and single digits, lowest has been @ 6. Texas power grid all screwed up! Been running on generator since 0230 Monday. Only have @ 25 amps off the genny so been cycling things on and off to keep everything thawed out. So far so good. Getting real good at adding amps, the EMS monitor is great showing the L1, L2 draw. Been running on fresh water holding tank. I tried 4 places to get propane, most cant pump tank, no power. Even tried to get 20# grill tanks, sold out. In conservation mode we should be good on propane till tomorrow, but then it's crunch time. RV internal temp 59, storage and underbelly 43.

Gotta go, cycle some more stuff and check on the genny
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    This just sucks! We lost power on Galveston at 0230 monday morning. ice, snow then more ice. Steam rolling off the ocean. External temp been in the teens and single digits, lowest has been @ 6. Texas power grid all screwed up! Been running on generator since 0230 Monday. Only have @ 25 amps off the genny so been cycling things on and off to keep everything thawed out. So far so good. Getting real good at adding amps, the EMS monitor is great showing the L1, L2 draw. Been running on fresh water holding tank. I tried 4 places to get propane, most cant pump tank, no power. Even tried to get 20# grill tanks, sold out. In conservation mode we should be good on propane till tomorrow, but then it's crunch time. RV internal temp 59, storage and underbelly 43.

Unbelievable, here's hoping that things will turn for the better sooner.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right there with you, except no generator, been charging the battery off the truck, furnace set to just sip propane, at 20F I had a 39% duty cycle, last night at 8F, I had a 75%+ duty cycle. Our Grandson gave me a propane tank off his griddle and a neighbor gave me an extra tank she had. No shore power since 4AM yesterday. No propane to be had from anywhere at any price. The second storm is just starting in the Austin area as I type. Campground got power back just long enough for all of us here to get a tank full, then gone again. Best wishes for you all. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Steven!

I hope things are improving for you.

I drove to Galveston to get propane on the 15th but I had to abandon my trailer in Freeport as I didn't have enough power or a generator to keep the furnace running. However, I have a fair amount of propone left. You are welcome to it if you wish to contact me. I used the road that runs along the coast to come back from there on the 15th and it was okay then, even the San Luis Pass bridge. Of course, I am not sure of its condition now.

Let me know.
    Thanks!

Susie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast