Or two, but they'll be hard to find.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Hello Steven!

I hope things are improving for you.

I drove to Galveston to get propane on the 15th but I had to abandon my trailer in Freeport as I didn't have enough power or a generator to keep the furnace running. However, I have a fair amount of propone left. You are welcome to it if you wish to contact me. I used the road that runs along the coast to come back from there on the 15th and it was okay then, even the San Luis Pass bridge. Of course, I am not sure of its condition now.

Let me know.
    Thanks!

Susie
    Thanks Susie got a 30# tank this morning, that was so nice of you to offer, great RV people.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galveston is Improving

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Thanks Susie got a 30# tank this morning, that was so nice of you to offer, great RV people.
    Wonderful! Glad you're sitting good and I think the weather is improving to boot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gal-Weather.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	32197Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
ID:	32197

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galveston is Improving

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Wonderful! Glad you're sitting good and I think the weather is improving to boot.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
ID:	32198

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We survived the freeze in the Rio Grande Valley. It got to 26 on SAt. night with a wind chill of 10. The battery lasted through the night. We lost power during the early morning of Sun. The only thing that froze was the cold water line to the hot water tank. I went out in the morning and lucked into the last generator at Tractor Supply. I put a electric heater in the pass thru storage and that line thawed in about 40 minutes. I was really shocked that the underbelly heat worked so well. We got down to 26 again Sun. night but there were no winds. We did not get power back to the campground until this morning which is Thurs. I have never boondocked in my trailer before so guess I'm battle tested now. It was an adventure but I'm glad it is over. I hope everyone made it through mostly unscatched.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @papermakermd We crossed paths without realizing it - we were in Rio Grande Village Campground in Big Bend National Park for the second storm that came through (Marathon, TX for the first storm). We are from Eastern MD. Glad you made it thru. We loved Big Bend NP. Didn't think about getting our empty propane tank filled until Saturday then found out they don't fill propane there on the weekends, oops.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaKD View Post
    @papermakermd We crossed paths without realizing it - we were in Rio Grande Village Campground in Big Bend National Park for the second storm that came through (Marathon, TX for the first storm). We are from Eastern MD. Glad you made it thru. We loved Big Bend NP. Didn't think about getting our empty propane tank filled until Saturday then found out they don't fill propane there on the weekends, oops.
    Sorry AmeliaKD you misread my post. We are in the Rio Grande Valley in Mission Tx not the Rio Grand Village Campground at Big Bend. We were there 2 years ago though such a beautiful place. Were there any Blue Bonnets in bloom before the bad weather? They were in bloom when we were there and they are a sight to see. Hope you had a great time in spite of the weather. We are here in the RGV until end of March and then move to Hill Country in New Braunfels for two weeks. Stay safe and enjoy your travels.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234