User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same and put an "on/off" switch in the wiring hooked to the outside of the battery box. The booster works well from the back wall of the front compartment. It takes very little wiring and i's out of sight. The only issue is that I sometimes forget to turn on the switch before leaving on a trip.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed my TireTracker system on our Momentum 31G. I haven't mounted the booster yet but I plan to put it inside the battery box on the tongue. We've upgraded the battery and box to a big hybrid gel battery and nice Noco battery box. I did note that the system works perfectly inside our Ram dually without the booster.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    I just received the TireTraker TMPS system and it comes with a booster.In the instructions
    they mention a good spot to mount the booster, is in the bedroom of our 5th wheel.
    Where do I find a couple of 12v wires to hook it up in our bedroom?
    I guess also, where would I pickup a couple of 12v wires in the living room
    to hook up a 12v plug .I was surprised there is no 12v plugs anywhere in our
    reflection 5th wheel.
    We put booster in our bedroom closet (front bedroom). Used the 12v from closet light. When light is turned off, power goes to booster and works great.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We have the EZTire system on our Solitude 379FL. I mounted our Bluetooth repeater on the inside of the front boot, using self-tapping sheet metal screws to attach it to the steel frame above the boot door. I don't know exactly how your front boot is, But likely there will be 12 volt wires in there somewhere.

In our Solitude the battery and buss bar are located inside the front boot. There is also a 12 volt light in there. Borrowing power from that light circuit I repurposed our unused solar power switch to turn the repeater on & off. We have NEVER had a TPMS dropout since adding the repeater in this location. Before the repeater we had several dropouts of the trailer sensors on each trip. I hope this helps you...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Hi. We have the EZTire system on our Solitude 379FL. I mounted our Bluetooth repeater on the inside of the front boot, using self-tapping sheet metal screws to attach it to the steel frame above the boot door. I don't know exactly how your front boot is, But likely there will be 12 volt wires in there somewhere.

In our Solitude the battery and buss bar are located inside the front boot. There is also a 12 volt light in there. Borrowing power from that light circuit I repurposed our unused solar power switch to turn the repeater on & off. We have NEVER had a TPMS dropout since adding the repeater in this location. Before the repeater we had several dropouts of the trailer sensors on each trip. I hope this helps you...
    Good idea,we have a light in our front boot also.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to say that sometimes.......I try to think "Outside the box", but in this case, I'm in the box! I use a TireMinder brand and have 6 sensors on the trailer tires, and the trailer is pretty long, so this is where I mounted my booster. It is enclosed in a weatherproof plastic "hobby box", I have a waterproof switch mounted to it to turn it on/off when needed and the great part is that I didn't have to drill any holes in my landing gear leg frame....I used holes that was already there. I did have to run power from the front compartment over to the streetside propane tank compartment, then down to the booster, and that line going in to the hobby box runs through a weatherproof squeeze connector. Here is a pic of what it looks like.....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    One more, with a twist. I mounted ours high up inside the front (battery) storage compartment as others have suggested. However I didn't want it needlessly powered all the time per one of the suggestions above so I installed a lighted red switch near the leveling system control panel to interrupt the circuit. When I'm using the leveling system while hooking up or unhooking from the truck, the red switch is in my face and even I can remember to turn it on when I'm towing and turn if off when I'm not.
    Great advice . I followed this model too
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    One more, with a twist. I mounted ours high up inside the front (battery) storage compartment as others have suggested. However I didn't want it needlessly powered all the time per one of the suggestions above so I installed a lighted red switch near the leveling system control panel to interrupt the circuit. When I'm using the leveling system while hooking up or unhooking from the truck, the red switch is in my face and even I can remember to turn it on when I'm towing and turn if off when I'm not.
    I really like this idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    If it was me I'd try to get to the wiring for one of your front marker lights. That way the booster comes on when you turns your lights on for traveling.
    Getting ready to install and I like this idea. Anyone know if the marker light wiring goes near the pass through or front storage on a 2017 307MKS and where would be a good place to start looking?
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllRs307 View Post
    Getting ready to install and I like this idea. Anyone know if the marker light wiring goes near the pass through or front storage on a 2017 307MKS and where would be a good place to start looking?
    The booster relay works well in the front storage hooked directly to a battery with an on/off swith.
    Last edited by chillybob; 03-11-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast