User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for non-dealer repair shop in SE FL for wheel problem

I think front passenger side wheel hub or axle is bent resulting in uneven wear much worse on outer edge of tire. Other three tires have minimum wear after 2450 miles. Bought trailer with new tires second hand so need to find reputable repair shop to diagnose and repair issue. Looking for something between Ft Pierce and Fort Lauderdale. We have 2-axle, 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help you with one in your location. But if you get to Orlando then Josam Truck and Frame alignment is well known and respected. And... can fix your problem.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for a shop that does heavy truck and trailer alignment - they often work on RVs, too. Hubs don't bend, they break. Could be the spindle (requires replacement of the axle anyway) or the axle. Is there cupping along with the wear on the outside shoulder?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Larry. Will keep that shop in Rolodex for future reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Rob, for the correction on my vocabulary. I need to find a diagram that shows the names of all the parts to the suspension, brakes, and axles. I have been getting lost in the lingo trying to follow all the great posts in this category. I cannot see or feel any cupping. The wear seems to get evenly and progressively worse from inner to outer shoulder. It came on very suddenly and I worry about a blow out just making it to a repair shop from my storage lot. I would post a photo, but can’t figure out how to do it on this list serve. Advise to fellow RVers: stay clear of Highway 98 between Canal Point and its junction with Southern Blvd west of Wellington in Palm Beach County Florida. That road is badly TORN UP from decades of abuse by trucks hauling very heavy loads of sugarcane to the mill. If you must take that route, then keep your speed below 30 mph! While the hypotenuse of a triangle is always the shortest distance, there are other routes that will be much easier on your truck and trailer.