User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load Lifter 5000 won't fit 2020 Chevy 2500HD with factory air?!

I entered my vehicle info on the Airlift website to see the options that will fit - I want the bags with the internal jounce bumper - and the two listed are #88341 or 94341. eTrailer came up with just 88341. But there's a note on the Airlift page that says: "Will not fit factory air or commercial chassis vehicles. Fits most in-bed hitches"

But what would factory air have to do with rear axle airbags? I called them and they confirmed that indeed they won't fit my 2020 Silverado. I asked the question a few different ways because I don't see the connection. Maybe there would be some electrical issue/fuse availability for a compressor, but I was just looking at the bags.

Anyone out there with a 2020 GMC or Chevy 2500 who's using the 88341 airbags? I saw some reviews on eTrailer from GMC owners that say they love them, but it may not be the same part number.
    Colin & Kathy
    2021 Reflection 320MKS -- 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible the Load Lifters mount in the same spot as the factory airbags and could not be installed without removing the OEM?
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you need air bags if it already has them (factory air)? I'm thinking that maybe RAMs have rear air suspension and it applies to that. Also thinking another call to Airlift is in order and talk to someone else. Or talk to one of their recommended installers.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-14-2021 at 06:29 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MechWolf View Post
    I entered my vehicle info on the Airlift website to see the options that will fit - I want the bags with the internal jounce bumper - and the two listed are #88341 or 94341. eTrailer came up with just 88341. But there's a note on the Airlift page that says: "Will not fit factory air or commercial chassis vehicles. Fits most in-bed hitches"

But what would factory air have to do with rear axle airbags? I called them and they confirmed that indeed they won't fit my 2020 Silverado. I asked the question a few different ways because I don't see the connection. Maybe there would be some electrical issue/fuse availability for a compressor, but I was just looking at the bags.

Anyone out there with a 2020 GMC or Chevy 2500 who's using the 88341 airbags? I saw some reviews on eTrailer from GMC owners that say they love them, but it may not be the same part number.
    In reviewing the airlift website for your vehicle it does appear to be several options. https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehic...500-hd/2020/#l You may want to reach out to a local truck shop or airlift to determine what is meant by factory air? Is that air bags or A/c. My thoughts are this product fits many makes and models where factory air bags may be an OEM option. It is interesting. Following and please let us know what you find out.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They bolt on where the factory jounce bumper is - so there shouldn't be any clearance problem which is why it's confusing to me. And the tech didn't say exactly what the problem is and I didn't ask, it caught me off guard that air conditioning could be a problem. I'll have to call back on Monday I guess and will let you know what I find out.
    Last edited by MechWolf; 02-14-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Colin & Kathy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MechWolf View Post
    They bolt on where the factory jounce bumper is - so there shouldn't be any clearance problem which is why it's confusing to me. And the tech didn't say exactly what the problem is and I didn't ask, it caught me off guard that air conditioning could be a problem. I'll have to call back on Monday I guess and will let you know what I find out.
    I don’t think it’s air conditioning that affects it , it’s factory air suspension.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called them back today to confirm it wasn't factory A/C and as expected it was was for the air suspension on the commercial 2500s. I guess folks replace the factory bags with aftermarket when/if they wear out?

But...I ended up going with the SumoSprings anyway! I ordered the blue 3,000lb 2-piece springs which should be a good match for the 320MKS pin weight and a much easier install. We've got a big trip in March/April and I can't wait to get them on the truck to feel the difference.
    Colin & Kathy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow up
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide