User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be time to retire the Old Dodge!

Well after 25 yrs. I think it's time for a new truck... "My friends all drive Fords so I must make amends" I'm very miffed with Dodge for putting coil springs on the Ram 2500... so I'm looking at a Silverado 2500hd.... I owned a larger 5th wheel and am happier with my 230RL so I don't need a 3500.... Would like to hear from any Duramax owners Pros & Cons... also I can't seem to find the bed height from the ground on line.... Will I be towing the Reflection nose up?.... Fuel mileage towing? Fuel pump problems on the Duramax? Thanks in advance .... Norm
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my coil springs on my 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins pulling a Reflection 31MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Love my coil springs on my 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins pulling a Reflection 31MB.

Thanks for your input.... I should have included my "adventures" with a Dodge Auto Transmission... I know they have improved But?
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They (transmissions) are no longer produced by FCA (Stellantis) at all...

2018 and newer use Aisin transmissions and there is rumour of the HD version of the ZF 8-speed in the near future bolted behind the the ISB.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dodge is good with Aisin transmission or ZF & Cummins. Think Ford may have finally got there 3/4 ton right after the 3rd engine or 6.7. Duramax I heard have some issues - check it out.
    Dodge however has proven track record where as other 2 don't, to early in game for Ford 6.7 to know for sure. Just know their 6.0 was nothing but junk and 6.4 was a little better.

Google trucks and read reviews on all 3 brands. I just know GM isn't getting great reviews.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2018 RAM 2500 CTD with coil springs and I couldn't be happier. I don't have any allegiance to any particular brand. We picked the truck that suited our needs the best and since my wife and I both have bad backs we both felt that the Ram had the best ride.

What have you got against coil spring?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard rumors that the new Toyota Tundra coming out late this year or next year will have coil springs and new turbo Lexus 6 cylinder engine(proven engine unlike Ford's). Only thing I dislike about my Tundra is low mpg but it can outpull most 1/2 tons on the market and a lot of 3/4 ton gas burners.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon Further Review..... OP....."ME" must have forgot to take my meds.... Checked 3 local dealers.. None had any Silverado 2500hd or knew when they would get them.... I did test drive a 1500.... So...... stopped at the Dodge Dealer and liked the truck a lot more..... so it looks like a 3500hd will be in my garage soon.... Coil springs some folks have complained of sway problems under heavy loads Glad you guys haven't

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2015 GMC 1 ton Denali and really like it. We have had zero problems now in 60k miles. This truck rides better than most cars we have been in which is great for Marcy with her bad back.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Upon Further Review..... OP....."ME" must have forgot to take my meds.... Checked 3 local dealers.. None had any Silverado 2500hd or knew when they would get them.... I did test drive a 1500.... So...... stopped at the Dodge Dealer and liked the truck a lot more..... so it looks like a 3500hd will be in my garage soon.... Coil springs some folks have complained of sway problems under heavy loads Glad you guys haven't
    Hey Blue,

What year is the 3500 you are looking at? While I have absolutely zero issues with coil springs pulling my 31MB, I have been hearing that Ram is using the CP4 fuel pump in 2019 and 2020 Rams. But for 2021 they either reverted to the cp3 or are using something else. I don’t know a ton but apparently the cp4 was an issue for some? Others on this group will know more but something to consider...maybe.

2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast