Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Schwintek Controller?

RV barely over a year old. This morning when I was in my work from home office (aka 5er), I went to extend the bedroom slide. No joy. No movement in or out.

After work began troubleshooting. Power into controller. Power out of controller. Tried to do the reset. NO LED flash for reset. Swapped motor inputs on bedroom controller over to bunkhouse controller. Bedroom slide worked no problem. So, has to be the controller, right???

$300 for a new controller on Amazon. Guess I'll call Lippert tomorrow to see if there's a warranty at all on them. Doubt it's more than a year, and Im at 13 months. Sheesh...

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth calling GD, they have surprised quite a few people out of warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea.. I'll start with them first. Hopefully I can get them to ship me one and don't have to take it to a dealer.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine controller worked as expected with a full charge and then failed again after a few uses. Changed to a lithium battery and again worked well a few times. Only way to get it in and out now under power is repeatedly toggling the button in the direction I want it to go. During that time the slide does transit in a somewhat twisted angle but squares at the end of travel. Thinking the controller is failing to keep track of the service rotations. Thought and experience requested.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 1 not working as well as the other. I think they stop when they amp out, that’s why you should hold for 5 seconds after they close.
    Had both replaced, Went with the higher torque model, 500 instead of 300????
    I try not to use on city power, generator or full batteries. They seem to work poorly when your not at full charge.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper