User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Momentum hydraulic slides won't extend?

We have a 2021 399th and the kitchen and living room slides won't extend. The levelers also don't retract. The bedroom slide works fine. When I hit the extend button there is pop (clicking) sound from the unit where the power cables connect to just to the right of the reservoir. There also a small click sound behind the main power panel just before you hear the pop sound near the controller. The slides had been working fine and then just stopped. I have tried shutting off all the power, running the generator.... and nothing seems to make a difference. Any thoughts on a fix?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start by checking to see if one of the clicking sounds is the circuit breaker tripping. On our solitude it is mounted on the wall above the batteries. As new as yours is it should have the 80 amp cb. Some older units were shipped with a 50 amp , which would trip under load. If it is tripping look for a chaffed wire going to the hydraulic pump. Also , if the cb is tripping , don’t touch it immediately, it will be hot.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like low voltage issue which in turn trips breaker from high amp draw. Be sure batteries are good and fully charged. There is not necessarily enough amperage from converter w/o good batteries to run the hydraulic pump under load.

**Be sure battery "disconnect" is not disconnected.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hood up to a 20 amp plug from the house. I tried using the generator, batteries, disconnecting the battery... I check all the connections and exposed lines and no damage to the wires. Just the clicking of what looks/sounds like a solenoid? It has 1 red line coming from the 80 amp cb, 2 other red lines going to the pump and one black ground?

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmarsch View Post
    I'm hood up to a 20 amp plug from the house. I tried using the generator, batteries, disconnecting the battery... I check all the connections and exposed lines and no damage to the wires. Just the clicking of what looks/sounds like a solenoid? It has 1 red line coming from the 80 amp cb, 2 other red lines going to the pump and one black ground?
    Try running jumper cables directly to the leveling jack terminals from a running vehicle. Or start at battery terminals first.

20 amp is NOT enough to run the leveling system. My 395MS-R will take 70+ amps at times to run the hydraulics.

Verify your battery disconnect is in the off position (inserted, turned, and locked to where it won't move) and there's 12v power. If you unplug all A/C sources, do your lights work?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post

20 amp is NOT enough to run the leveling system. My 395MS-R will take 70+ amps at times to run the hydraulics.
    He talking about 20amps AC.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I don't think so....he's talking about the current that the hydraulic pump motor draws when operating the slides/leveling equipment. That is 12VDC and that pump motor will be pulling approx. 70 Amps Direct Current. What he is saying is that the 120VAC converter that provides DC power for usage in the trailer and battery charging simply cannot provide enough Direct Current amperage to make the hydraulic pump motor run.

If the original poster was powering the converter with 120VAC, that would be more than enough current to operate the converter....but the converter just can't provide enough current....the DC power.
    Last edited by xrated; 02-20-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Ah, I just saw 20 amps skimming through not paying enough attention and thinking back that should have clicked. I should have read better.

But, the leveling system is going to draw amperage off batteries/converter, so A/C source isn't going to change things (as long as it can supply minimum requirements to the converter).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmarsch View Post
    I'm hood up to a 20 amp plug from the house.
    This is how I read the the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I don't think so....he's talking about the current that the hydraulic pump motor draws when operating the slides/leveling equipment. That is 12VDC and that pump motor will be pulling approx. 70 Amps Direct Current. What he is saying is that the 120VAC converter that provides DC power for usage in the trailer and battery charging simply cannot provide enough Direct Current amperage to make the hydraulic pump motor run.

If the original poster was powering the converter with 120VAC, that would be more than enough current to operate the converter....but the converter just can't provide enough current....the DC power.
    I agree. It sounds like a battery issue.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I just saw 20 amps skimming through not paying enough attention and thinking back that should have clicked. I should have read better.

But, the leveling system is going to draw amperage off batteries/converter, so A/C source isn't going to change things (as long as it can supply minimum requirements to the converter).

I agree. The AC source is immaterial without sufficient battery power to buffer the system. The converter can’t supply enough juice.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast