Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 gd xls 21bhe

My wife and I took a look at this model and fell in love with the floor plan and the overall quality. We just sold our Forest River and are looking to buy. Our local dealer has an asking price of about 34k. Obviously, this is just asking price, but does anyone care to share what they paid for this rig so that I can have ground to stand on during negotiations?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcAllister View Post
    My wife and I took a look at this model and fell in love with the floor plan and the overall quality. We just sold our Forest River and are looking to buy. Our local dealer has an asking price of about 34k. Obviously, this is just asking price, but does anyone care to share what they paid for this rig so that I can have ground to stand on during negotiations?
    Before Covid, it wasn't uncommon see people get 30% off MSRP. 20% to 25% was very common. Now with low supplies and high demands that all changed. We've heard some that won't budge much off the asking price. Good luck BTW, some are predicting a high influx of used RV in the next year from people who bought because of Covid only to realize its not for them.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a quick look on RV Trader and there are several 2021s of your model listed. They range from $28k to $31k. Based on that, I would be looking at no more than $28k a d probably even less than that.

The cost you provided, is that MSRP or the dealer asking price discounted from MSRP?

I think you have some room to work with. We paid right around $34k for our 2021 Imagine 2970RL in July 2020.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what I am thinking too...it’s hard not having a rig, but it may be worth it to wait.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that sounds about right to me. The cost I provided included dealer prep fees and freight.

Another dealership replied to us with an asking price of 32k. I’m awaiting replies for 3other dealerships and I will see what I can do to bring that price down.

Thank you

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid 22750 out the door, including title, taxes, etc in Aug 2019 for a 2020 21bhe.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What State are you in?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought from a dealer in Indiana. But you need to keep in mind this was before COVID. RV industry just reported their fourth best year and don't have the incentive to deal that they did prior to COVID sales skyrocketing.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...4282646bd.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just made a deal for 20% off a 2021 early model 2930rl. I know before covid people got 30%, but this is a new era...if you find what you want, try for the 20%. Other manufacturers may give you more off, but then again...a GD is not a Montana High Country 295R. Thankfully! Sure, I could have saved 10k if I went with the comparable High Country, but the quality of a GD is just that much better. I also have an Airstream and don't even want to tell yuo how much I paid for that!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 2021 Imagine 17MKE for 23% off MSRP, but had to drive slightly further. Our closest dealer wouldn’t go under 20%. Good luck!
    Last edited by dkayak; 02-16-2021 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Forgot model year