User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

311 BHS Purchase Help

Hello all. My family is in the market for a new 5th wheel (a tree fell on ours and is being totaled out) and really like the Reflection 311BHS. We went and looked at one at the local dealership (Sacramento) and the dealer is telling us MSRP is $72,245. However, when I build one on the site (with more options) I get $70,003, am I missing something? Is freight or delivery put on top of that?

Also, dealing the dealership is already a headache. Anyone have a recommendation for a dealership within reasonable distance of Sacramento, 500 miles or so?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 311 in January from Bish's RV in Idaho Falls, although they have some closer to where you are. The process was great and we paid $53k for it. No clue how they are on service, but I do all my own maintenance so I wasnt concerned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks FT4Now, will take a look at Bish’s. We don’t mind driving for a deal and would make a mini vacation out of it.

How has the 311 been so far?

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tremor View Post
    Hello all. My family is in the market for a new 5th wheel (a tree fell on ours and is being totaled out) and really like the Reflection 311BHS. We went and looked at one at the local dealership (Sacramento) and the dealer is telling us MSRP is $72,245. However, when I build one on the site (with more options) I get $70,003, am I missing something? Is freight or delivery put on top of that?

Also, dealing the dealership is already a headache. Anyone have a recommendation for a dealership within reasonable distance of Sacramento, 500 miles or so?

Tremor: I can only assume you were dealing with Happy Daze. I bought from them in 2017. I actually ended up with a pretty solid unit, being an older build, but they lied to my face about the (then) leaky grease seal issue which I believe has been corrected by a change in axles and manufacturing process (different grease). Different topic! Did not need the service dept and never did set foot in the place again, never will. "Steve7", who is on this site, was more happy about their dealer in Livermore than Sac. I believe they bought two trailers from them.

I have since then, relocated to Idaho. In the SW Idaho region, Bretz RV is the GD dealer here. I have not needed then for service, but there are a lot of units on site. They are in Boise. There is also a Bish RV but don't have any info on them and not sure if they also carry GD. I don't think so, since Bretz is close to them. FT4Now has actual valid experience since they used them. I have not heard too many good reports from the dealer in Fresno, I think. That would be Best RV. You could search around on this site for that. Good luck.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks FT4Now, will take a look at Bish’s. We don’t mind driving for a deal and would make a mini vacation out of it.

How has the 311 been so far?
    The 311 has been looking good sitting in our driveway. I still havent purchased a new TV since I sold my last truck. Bish's brought the RV home for me after we finalized everything and I had a chance to inspect it. So far it seems pretty good, we are coming from a Momentum, so its obviously a much different setup. Based on walking through it for awhile we think it will work and well and are very excited to use it. It's still snowing frequently and I prefer not to tow in the snow if I dont need to do that. I've already got some mods I need to start on when the weather warms up a little, but even without having used it yet, we are happy about the purchase.

On a side note, Bretz was one of the dealers I contacted and they wouldn't come close to Bish's price.

Last edited by FT4NOW; 02-14-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a new 2019 311 I purchased in Colorado for $50k. I’ve only had two minor problems with it & it has a few thousand miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Tremor: I can only assume you were dealing with Happy Daze. I bought from them in 2017. I actually ended up with a pretty solid unit, being an older build, but they lied to my face about the (then) leaky grease seal issue which I believe has been corrected by a change in axles and manufacturing process (different grease). Different topic! Did not need the service dept and never did set foot in the place again, never will. "Steve7", who is on this site, was more happy about their dealer in Livermore than Sac. I believe they bought two trailers from them.

I have since then, relocated to Idaho. In the SW Idaho region, Bretz RV is the GD dealer here. I have not needed then for service, but there are a lot of units on site. They are in Boise. There is also a Bish RV but don't have any info on them and not sure if they also carry GD. I don't think so, since Bretz is close to them. FT4Now has actual valid experience since they used them. I have not heard too many good reports from the dealer in Fresno, I think. That would be Best RV. You could search around on this site for that. Good luck.
    You are correct, it is Happy Daze. We actually went down to Best RV (hour plus drive) and when we arrived were told that the salesmen were all busy but they would have someone find us soon as they finished up. We spent two hours looking at 5th wheels and no one found us or even said hello. We then went back into the sales office and no one, even the manager we first spoke to, said a thing to us. Not hello, not have you been helped, nothing. They were all huddled around getting there lunch order in though. We just left. Pretty pissed about that to be honest.

After dealing with both places I figure we will just travel to the best deal we can find. Even if it is only marginally better or the same price I would rather spend my money in a place where I am treated with some level of respect.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The 311 has been looking good sitting in our driveway. I still havent purchased a new TV since I sold my last truck. Bish's brought the RV home for me after we finalized everything and I had a chance to inspect it. So far it seems pretty good, we are coming from a Momentum, so its obviously a much different setup. Based on walking through it for awhile we think it will work and well and are very excited to use it. It's still snowing frequently and I prefer not to tow in the snow if I dont need to do that. I've already got some mods I need to start on when the weather warms up a little, but even without having used it yet, we are happy about the purchase.

On a side note, Bretz was one of the dealers I contacted and they wouldn't come close to Bish's price.

Thank you for the information, I will reach out to both.

What mods are you looking at doing? Upgrades or adding on items the unit is missing?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information, I will reach out to both.

What mods are you looking at doing? Upgrades or adding on items the unit is missing?
    My wife thinks I have a mod problem, cant leave good enough alone.

Things to do off the top of my head, I will figure out more when I finally get to use it:

Reese Goose Box

Trones at foot of bed for bathing suit/sandal storage (from IKEA), 2 in bunkhouse area for extra random storage

Dimmers on master bedroom and bathroom lights

Some type of storage for Blackstone griddle in outdoor kitchen

Battery monitor (Victron BMV-712); dealer provided 2 batteries

Eventually swap to lithium batteries and appropriate converter

Currently have portable 50A EMS, will eventually swap to hardwired

Add some type of underbody lighting

Will swap out Nautilus panel for real valves eventually (did this on the Momentum after the blue valve crapped out)

Add extra sewer hose holders, but will need to reroute propane lines first

Debating inverter size, will most likely add one after battery upgrade, will use generator vice solar (double as a backup power supply for our house)

Add some type of spray port to curb side

Some type of kayak storage

Possibly disc brakes

I'm sure there are some other things, but I really need to get out and use it some more before we can figure out what other things we want to get done

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    My wife thinks I have a mod problem, cant leave good enough alone.

Things to do off the top of my head, I will figure out more when I finally get to use it:

Reese Goose Box

Trones at foot of bed for bathing suit/sandal storage (from IKEA), 2 in bunkhouse area for extra random storage

Dimmers on master bedroom and bathroom lights

Some type of storage for Blackstone griddle in outdoor kitchen

Battery monitor (Victron BMV-712); dealer provided 2 batteries

Eventually swap to lithium batteries and appropriate converter

Currently have portable 50A EMS, will eventually swap to hardwired

Add some type of underbody lighting

Will swap out Nautilus panel for real valves eventually (did this on the Momentum after the blue valve crapped out)

Add extra sewer hose holders, but will need to reroute propane lines first

Debating inverter size, will most likely add one after battery upgrade, will use generator vice solar (double as a backup power supply for our house)

Add some type of spray port to curb side

Some type of kayak storage

Possibly disc brakes

I'm sure there are some other things, but I really need to get out and use it some more before we can figure out what other things we want to get done

Lol, I too share a similar ailment and can not help myself. Frustrates the wife to no end.

Nice list of mods, if we can find a decent deal on a 311BHS I will likely be using your list as a starting point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast