Likes Likes:  0

Thread: No hot water

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hot water

We brought our new Reflection 303 home last night. During our walk through the rep said to hook up the water hose, turn the faucet in the sink on hot and turn on the water and heater. He said water would flow to fill the water heater and once full hot water would then begin to flow from the faucet. We did this and are running nothing but cold water. I checked outside to see if there was another on/off switch that I might have missed but can find nothing. The only complicating factor in this would be the very cold temperatures here in the DFW area the last few days that have had us leaving a the water on to keep the hose from freezing. We had been doing this in the 230 that we traded in the days leading up to the purchase with no hot water problems. I have tried running the heater on electric and gas with no results. Any ideas what I am probably missing?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are sure that you have no issues with either or both gas and electric controls for water heater - the next thing I would check is the outside sprayport faucet. If the hot water handle is open on that faucet - it acts as a bypass / mixing valve in the hot water system and just allows tepid water to come from hot water taps / faucets. This happened to us when we first stayed in our Solitude. Hope you find the cause soon. We're in the Killeen area and will see single digits in the next couple of days also! (My son lives in Amarillo in a bricks-and-sticks home and they are going to see -12 tonight!!)
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ???
    Is the hot water heater working is the first thing to know? Easily to check that

Is it still in winter bypass?

Hopefully not because running the heater without water in it. Yikes

Did you open the hot water heater outside to see if there is water in it?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally turn on the faucet to hot on the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower. let them run a few minutes before I turn the water heater on, that makes sure the water heater is full of water and avoids damage.

Did you try the gas and electric water heaters.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ensure water is filling hot water tank

Ensure hot water heater is operating

Op???

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgntx View Post
    We brought our new Reflection 303 home last night. During our walk through the rep said to hook up the water hose, turn the faucet in the sink on hot and turn on the water and heater. He said water would flow to fill the water heater and once full hot water would then begin to flow from the faucet. We did this and are running nothing but cold water. I checked outside to see if there was another on/off switch that I might have missed but can find nothing. The only complicating factor in this would be the very cold temperatures here in the DFW area the last few days that have had us leaving a the water on to keep the hose from freezing. We had been doing this in the 230 that we traded in the days leading up to the purchase with no hot water problems. I have tried running the heater on electric and gas with no results. Any ideas what I am probably missing?
    There is an on/off switch on the water heater itself, sometimes hard to see.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it the OP figured it out

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got in touch with tech support through our warranty. After talking with him for awhile and explaining what was going on with the water heater and the tank heater, his view was there is a wiring problem that should have been discovered by the dealer before turning it over to us. I will be calling Grand Design and the dealer tomorrow. It doesn't look like anybody will be able to get out to address the problem before the end of the week. Currently 14 degrees at our spot near Dallas and headed lower tonight and tomorrow. All is not lost. We have food, water and heat to get us through the next few days so we'll survive. Thanks for the responses.