User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double pane windows on 2021 reflection travel trailer 315RLTS

Even though the build and price engine allows for a double pane window option, I was told by a sales person that they have abandoned the double pane feature. Claims they have had to many problems with the double pane windows.

Could someone confirm wether this is true or not?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt what the salesman said. Grand Design is closed today. Tomorrow call 574-825-9679, Grand Design Customer Support, they will give you a definitive answer. When you do get the definitive answer you will know what kind of person your salesman is.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. One of the sales people we talked to really discouraged ordering the double windows, but didn't say they had been discontinued. Based on his experience, the window seals were prone to failure and fogging...

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salespeople usually discourage people from pursuing options because they want to sell you something that's already on their lot (and they don't typically stock units with dual pane windows). They often don't have correct or updated information, either. People are still ordering and taking delivery of units with dual pane windows. Also, today's dual pane windows are better than the dual pane RV windows of 10 - 15 years ago. We've not had any problems at all with our dual pane windows in our 2020 Solitude. I would do as @D2Reid suggested and call Grand Design tomorrow - go straight to the source.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had several Sales people try to discourage me from getting DP windows.
    I held firm. Glad I did.
    The way I see it, when it comes to big ticket items like cars and RVs, they cost too much to settle for something different than what you really want. It is not like buying a gallon of milk, where you will buy another again next week.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Salespeople usually discourage people from pursuing options because they want to sell you something that's already on their lot (and they don't typically stock units with dual pane windows). They often don't have correct or updated information, either. People are still ordering and taking delivery of units with dual pane windows. Also, today's dual pane windows are better than the dual pane RV windows of 10 - 15 years ago. We've not had any problems at all with our dual pane windows in our 2020 Solitude. I would do as @D2Reid suggested and call Grand Design tomorrow - go straight to the source.

Rob
    This is exactly right. Salesmen have a strong incentive to move what they have on the lot. I will always recommend insulated windows to anyone purchasing a unit if they will be enjoying extended stays, traveling to colder climates regularly, or full-timing. The insulated windows in these units are double pane, but without any gas space between panes. When I first realized this, I was skeptical that they would be very effective, but I have been very pleased with their performance. In our previous fiver we fought condensation non-stop in colder and wetter weather. In the Solitude, the only condensation we have encountered at all far has been on the front windshield, and a small fan clears that up quickly. We also run a dehumidifier now when we see any sign of condensation on the windshield. (I have also been both surprised and pleased at how much the dehumidifier helps when we have needed it. Another recommended item!)

In summer months here we managed triple digit heat very well and the windows helped a LOT. A really nice additional benefit is how much the windows isolate noise from outside. Very nice. IMHO well worth the extra cost, extra weight and extra wait.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our salesman knew we were only doing a special order. We’d worked with him before , and he knew there was nothing on the lot I would take. He still was pretty negative on DP windows , and the heat pump option. My fault cause I listened to him on both. The heat pump I’m indifferent on. Really kick myself on the windows. Never again.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything already said above. When we bought our 337, it was already en route from the factory here to Texas. Dealer said that they didn't order any with double pane windows as "it's not needed in Texas". Oh well. If only hindsight.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion