Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do with yours (another Victron Question)?

I recently finished setting up the new battery bank and VE inverter/charger. The system includes the 1000A shunt with bluetooth and the bluetooth dongle for the Multiplus. Following the VE instructions, both of those bluetooth devices connect directly to battery (+) and ground...so they are always powered up. My question (for those of you using VE bluetooth devices) is what do you do when you put your rig away? Using the factory method, those two devices are still powered up even after the 120V and 12V disconnects are engaged.

Did you power them behind the 12V power disconnect (so power is interrupted for storage) or leave them the way the factory says to wire them...The spec says they pull less than 1 milliamp but it just doesn't seem right leaving something powered up during storage.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoz View Post
    I recently finished setting up the new battery bank and VE inverter/charger. The system includes the 1000A shunt with bluetooth and the bluetooth dongle for the Multiplus. Following the VE instructions, both of those bluetooth devices connect directly to battery (+) and ground...so they are always powered up. My question (for those of you using VE bluetooth devices) is what do you do when you put your rig away? Using the factory method, those two devices are still powered up even after the 120V and 12V disconnects are engaged.

Did you power them behind the 12V power disconnect (so power is interrupted for storage) or leave them the way the factory says to wire them...The spec says they pull less than 1 milliamp but it just doesn't seem right leaving something powered up during storage.
    For anyone interested, I received a response off of the Victron Energy Consumer Forum...apparently, they are intended to stay powered up by design...shunt tracks self discharge too. You just need to make sure your batts are charged a little.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe wire in isolating switches to essentially turn it off. Switching them back on when you go to check your rig periodically will still show current battery SOC which then can reveal a self discharge amount. Turn the switches off before leaving the rig.
    295RL & 2X4 F250 XL Ext Cab LB w/3880 CCC