User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flickering led lights ??

Just picked up the new 2600 RB. Yesterday while staying aboard in their delivery lot, 2 out of 6 LEDs on the same switch started flickering.
    The 1st level service guy didn't know what to do and it was the end of the work day so we were supposed to get pulled into a service bay to get it looked at.
    The next morning when the tech came by, the lights were no longer flickering. No matter what we did they stayed bright. The tech said he would first change the LEDs if they were flickering , but since they weren't at that time, well you know.
    Get home with the rig, plug in to 120V and now the same 2 are flickering again.
    Yesterday while we were waiting for the tech we discovered that if we turned on another light in the trailer the flickering stopped. That's a clue to the problem, but not a solution.

Anyone have any ideas? Seems coincidental that the same two maybe on the end of the circuit are flickering sporadically.

Dealer is only an hour away and I could take it back but I'm not confident they know what the resolution is.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are the Facon 4.5" puck lights in the ceiling, GD had a bad batch of those a while back. Several of us with new Solitudes have had 6 - 10 of them go bad. I friend of mine and I both called GD customer service and explained the problem. They shipped replacements to us. The replacements were also Facon and, in my case, they are still working. My friend had several of the replacements start blinking, too. It it's all lights on the same circuit, I would check out switches and connections, first. If that all checks out OK, go for light replacement.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If they are the Facon 4.5" puck lights in the ceiling, GD had a bad batch of those a while back. Several of us with new Solitudes have had 6 - 10 of them go bad. I friend of mine and I both called GD customer service and explained the problem. They shipped replacements to us. The replacements were also Facon and, in my case, they are still working. My friend had several of the replacements start blinking, too. It it's all lights on the same circuit, I would check out switches and connections, first. If that all checks out OK, go for light replacement.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I'll check that out
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad lights, or bad connection (ground), or low voltage from battery or some one does not like you -- it might be personal.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Bad lights, or bad connection (ground), or low voltage from battery or some one does not like you -- it might be personal.
    Most likely the latter. LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One common issue with the lights; is that they flicker when the water pump runs. This issue is caused by GD using the same hot wire to power both the lights and the water pump. Many of us have run a new hot wire from the DC Distribution center to the water pump switch to fix this problem.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    One common issue with the lights; is that they flicker when the water pump runs. This issue is caused by GD using the same hot wire to power both the lights and the water pump. Many of us have run a new hot wire from the DC Distribution center to the water pump switch to fix this problem.
    Thanks, but the flickering is not tied into the water pump. We have shut everything off and if the lights are in a flickering mood, they continue to flicker.
    UNLESS we turn on another light, then they stop. Then start again once we turn that additional light off.
    Trailer is plugged in, battery voltage at the battery reads 13.7 with a meter, the funky led light bar at the panel shows full charge.
    Only thing I haven't tried is turning off the converter, so I'll unplug the trailer next time we see the flickering.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the OEM Facon LED ceiling lights are defective. They start to fail by flickering. Sometimes they will work properly for a while if you shut the lights off then back on but eventually the flickering returns. I've lost track of the number I've replaced. I was soldering the new lights in place but I've since switched to using these because some of my replacement Facon lights are failing and the Wago connectors are much quicker than soldering.

The Facon lights with a metal housing seem to be more reliable. We haven't had any of those fail yet.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    We have shut everything off and if the lights are in a flickering mood, they continue to flicker.
    UNLESS we turn on another light, then they stop. Then start again once we turn that additional light off.
    EXACTLY the same situation in our 2021 22MLE. Doesn't seem to matter what other equipment we have on or off on the main panel. If we don't have any of the independent oval lights on, the round lights flicker. It's the same with the single one on a switch in the bathroom. If we turn on one of the independent oval ones, the flickering stops. Usually turning on the entry one works best, but usually any of them stop the flickering. I have it at the top of my list for contacting GD. Not that I want others to have issues, but it's very encouraging to know we're not alone and to hear about the defective batch. From an electrical perspective, it's been strange to understand how turning on one of the other lights makes it BETTER instead of worse. Another thing I find odd is how loud/strong the converter fan runs when the round lights are on. I could have everything else off and just turning on those lights makes the fan run louder than anything else ever does. If these are LEDs, the load should be very minimal. Maybe it also has to do with the potential defect.

BTW, this is my first post on the site. If I've messed up the proper flow of replying or anything else, constructive feedback is obviously welcome. I appreciate everyone's advice on the site. I've read countless posts and it was essential for my pre-purchase research and preparation for our recent PDI/purchase. Thanks!
    Last edited by capitals25; 09-05-2020 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added signature
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 F150 Limited 3.5 EB

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly, the lights seem to have stopped flickering.
    I have the trailer set up in my driveway, and had a 30 amp outlet installed. I'm getting a full 120+ volts to the trailer now. I don't know what voltage we were getting in the Lazy Days delivery lot.
    Maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe the diodes have "burned" themselves in?
    I'll continue to monitor of course but right now they seem fine.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast