User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500RL vs 2800BH

My wife and I have been looking at campers for some time now and finally decided to pull the trigger. We have looked at Several brands but will be buying GD due to the reviews and customer service. We are both in our 30s, currently with no kids but they are not out of the question. We looked at a 2021 2500RL and fell in love with it because of the large rear window and natural light. We also looked at a 2800BH and liked the idea of the bunk house/bike storage. We will have friends/family stay with us sometimes but 90% of the time it’s just us. Has anyone had this same Debate?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I didn’t have kids I wouldn’t have a bunkhouse

No way. They are not the comfortable for an adult so I doubt you would have guests sleeping there and unsure what you mean by “bike storage”

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that’s the dilemma. A child might come in a few years and would hate to have to buy a new camper. Than again, the child could sleep on the table.

Referring to the Bike Storage where the bottom bunk folds up to make a big storage area.
    Last edited by JayScott27; 02-14-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt a bike would fit in there I have two norco adult bikes and would never attempt to put them there. Handle bars are way too wide plus they are too dirty most of the time. They go in the truck bed
    You may have a different experience with it though

I always laugh at the trailers with the rear door for “ bikes”. I couldn’t imagine trying to put a bike in there.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bunks would also provide some extra storage for that extra little person. Get the floor plan that works for you. Having to turn the dinette into a bed every night would be a pain and would illiminate some sitting space for you and DW a night while the little is sleeping. What if you want to watch a little TV or read a book. If kids are really in your plans then get the bunks but also keep in mind that you can change rigs at any time. If kids aren't in your plans for lets say 5 yrs the the bunk wouldn't be used for 2-3 years after they are born.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can easily pop the front wheel off with the quick release and turn the hand bars to fit. Not sure how well they would actually fit tho.

If kids come it would be in the new year or 2. So potentially have the bunks used in 3-4 years.....

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My norcos the wheel pops off in seconds as well but then what do you do with the wheel?
    Plus mine are so large I am sure they would stick out in front of the bathroom which would be a pain

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar dilemma.

It’s not just the extra bunks. It’s also the huge bathroom in the 2500rl. To us it was a choice of light and area with lots of living space or a more crowded trailer mainly used for sleeping. There is plenty of space and storage in the 2500 plus it has such great window space.

2800 wired for 50 amp vs 30 amp 2500.
    2800 at 32 ft will not fit in a lot of state and federal campsites by 2 ft. Less sites available
    2500 fits everywhere at .29.8 ft.
    Our kids are grown and it’s mainly for us. But you can use for at least 5 yers and trade larger.
    We didn’t want an outside kitchen.

Our bikes and kayaks are in the bed of the truck with the Westinghouse 4500 duel fuel generator.

What are you towing either with. Suggest at least a 2500.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the market for a 2800, but have three kids 10, 8, 6. Not sure I’d go bunk w/o kids.

What are you planning to pull with?

I’d get a bunk model if the need arose later. Swapping out rigs isn’t a big deal to me though. I plan to get a 2800 and then sell once the kids get too big (4 yrs or so) and get something just for just the wife and I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Salsa Mukluk Fat bike that fits in the bike space with no problems. And I don't have to remove the wheel. I only use the bunks twice a year. Otherwise its just me and the dogs. 2800 has great features and is the perfect camper for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast