Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condensation or Leak

I have a 2017 Imagine 2800BH with the extended season package. We've been camping in upper GA for the past week or so where we have had a significant amount of rain and temps in the high 30' to low 40's at night. We just noticed that the outer walls of our bedroom closets and the wall below the headboard (even though the mattress was up against it) are wet. There is no puddling where the wall meets the floor but the wall is definitely damp to wet. I looked at the roof joint (outside) an I don't see any evidence that the roof joint is leaking. It is probably humid inside trailer as we have been out in the rain and have wet clothes drying inside. We also have lots of condensation on the inside of the windows which we have seen before. Has any one experienced this and is it possible that it could be condensation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toastboy View Post
    I have a 2017 Imagine 2800BH with the extended season package. We've been camping in upper GA for the past week or so where we have had a significant amount of rain and temps in the high 30' to low 40's at night. We just noticed that the outer walls of our bedroom closets and the wall below the headboard (even though the mattress was up against it) are wet. There is no puddling where the wall meets the floor but the wall is definitely damp to wet. I looked at the roof joint (outside) an I don't see any evidence that the roof joint is leaking. It is probably humid inside trailer as we have been out in the rain and have wet clothes drying inside. We also have lots of condensation on the inside of the windows which we have seen before. Has any one experienced this and is it possible that it could be condensation?
    Most likely condensation. With your current weather, the air is saturated (i.e. 100% RH). Any cool surface will see lots of condensation. You will usually see it first on the skylight in the bedroom compartment from the water vapor in your breath. A small dehumidifier will make a lot of difference.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it does sound like condensation. Might not be a bad idea to invest in a small dehumidifier.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you are opening the roof vent as well. Cooking, showering, breathing all add moisture to the air and in the winter venting is a necessity. A dehumidifier will also help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to us with the couch-bed once or twice when grandson was using it. We've learned to put a towel between the wall and mattress now if it is going to be cold and someone is going to use the bed. It's kind of scary the first time you experience it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly the response I was hoping to receive. Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am living in N Georgia also. Condensation is common on outside walls especially in slides due to less insulation. I don't have any condensation problems. Air circulation is key to keeping condensation at bay. I use computer fans in dead air spaces like behind couches. Sounds like you have excessive humidity problem. Keep trailer warm. Run a dehumidifier and keep wiping up moisture. Leave closet doors open to help dry them out. We have no problem keeping humidity below 40% without running the dehumidifier. We do have dual pane windows which help immensely.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73