Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD 31MB owners

Hi all, I’m happy to be a new GD owner.
    We just sold our Thor Palazzo 33.3 MH. No issues with it, just looking for a change. We still have a couple kids that enjoy camping with us and the 31mb seemed like a winner for our situation.
    We are planning to purchase a 2016 Ram3500 with air suspension and factory fifth wheel hookups. Thinking of buying Andersen Ultimate Hitch, but still trying to decide what’s best for our situation.
    We chose the GD based on reviews. After owning Thor product we wanted to find something with a higher build quality. I read about issues with GD as well, but I also read that their customer service is bette than most. I’m a DIYer so most little things I can fix. Hoping for a good experience, but aware that things will pop up as we use it.
    We planned to downsize, but once we looked at a couple units this one just said “pick me”.
    We look forward to reading and sharing stories and ideas as we get some use out of her.

Ken
    Last edited by radar09; 02-07-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 31MB! We have a ‘21 model as well and have loved it.

I have the Andersen ultimate with rails in my Ram 2500. I really like being able to use my truck bed without lugging a 200 lb hitch in and out. One small issue we have had though.. the inner top of the funnel (plastic part) cracked. It is not structural for the physical integrity of the connection, but it is annoying. However, our dealer is sending me a replacement under warranty.

I hope you really enjoy the new rig and have smooth roads ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radar09 View Post
    Hi all, I’m happy to be a new GD owner.
    We just sold our Thor Palazzo 33.3 MH. No issues with it, just looking for a change. We still have a couple kids that enjoy camping with us and the 31mb seemed like a winner for our situation.
    We are planning to purchase a 2016 Ram3500 with air suspension and factory fifth wheel hookups. Thinking of buying Andersen Ultimate Hitch, but still trying to decide what’s best for our situation.
    We chose the GD based on reviews. After owning Thor product we wanted to find something with a higher build quality. I read about issues with GD as well, but I also read that their customer service is bette than most. I’m a DIYer so most little things I can fix. Hoping for a good experience, but aware that things will pop up as we use it.
    We planned to downsize, but once we looked at a couple units this one just said “pick me”.
    We look forward to reading and sharing stories and ideas as we get some use out of her.

Ken
    That 31MB is a great model, sure you'll enjoy it. Having a view in the rear is great while still maintaining bed space elsewhere. Cheers!
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost