User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seasoned RVers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DW and I dry camp most of the time in our 2019 GD 303RLS. Instead of hauling a full tank of water up to some of the camp sites I fill the tank up about a third of the way. If we need more I fill a five gallon water jug from a fresh water spigot or well pump at the campground. I set the jug right up next to the panel. I have a short, 5' piece of clear vinyl tubing with a male garden hose connector on one end that I connect to the water inlet, the white one, on the Nautilus panel and put the other end into the five gallon jug and then set the valves to - Sanitize Siphon to tank via pump-, then all that is left is to turn the pump on and watch the water go through the tubing until it sucks the jug dry. It usually takes 2 to 3 minutes at the most. I made sure cut the end of the hose slanted so it could sit at the bottom of the jug and not get sucked tight to the bottom. One other note from experience, be sure to put valves back to original settings when finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	32245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	32246
    Last edited by R&Vcamping; 02-21-2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add pics

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's good information. I"m bringing the trailer home next week to install some dimmer switches and I'll try your setup while it's here.
    Thanks very much.
    Ron

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea...will implement
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I own a rls 303 and like it very much. We snowbird in Arizona 5 mo. A yr. One of the things you mention is that you want to dry camp a lot. You should be aware that the weakest part of these rv's is the refrigerator. If they are still stock with the Dometic Rm 1350 series, you will find it a challenge to keep this fridge cold. Research all the modifications and do them all, including fridge defender and adding additional fan's . This will be a significant part of your daily power consumption. Solar will be a must unless you plan on running a generator all the time. Using the Furrion stove top and oven will also test your patience. Your max loaded weight is 11,990 if Iremember correctly. You will easily load your rig to this weight. Up graded 7k axles is something i would like to do in the future and you might consider before buying. About your water fill
    It is power fill with a pressurized hose to fill your tank. I have a small transer pump that is designed to be portable drill operated. You could use that option with short hoses or maybe buy a 12v pump to do that job. Gravity feed won't really work, I think. Overall we love the storage space and having a pantry. We went from a 31 cougar that sorely lacked storage to the 303 , that has lots of storage and only increased our overall length by 17". This rig has a great layout for the size. I have done a number of mods on it and am not done yet. Always room for improvement. Check out my inverter mod if you like in the DIY & MODS subjects. ⁰

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    @Mulligan

Lots of good answers here and there's not much to add, but I have a few things.

My Solitude came with wet bolts, but I had to replace the suspension after two years because they were all put in dry. And they were not all wet bolts. I got the rig two years old and I don't think it had many miles on it.

I brought that up because you specifically asked abut wet bolts. I have done some pretty extensive customizing in the almost two years that I've had it and there has been quite a bit of disappointment in build quality. However...

From what I've learned in this forum and general reading, I think that, unfortunately, that is normal in the industry. In my opinion, Grand Design is probably better than most with their overall product. Also, as others have said, their customer support is good. I never had any warranty period, but I have talked to their tech people several times and they are pretty helpful (they even sent me build drawings so I could find wall framing).

To sum up, whether you choose Grand Design or any other manufacturer, the list of features might be right, but you still need to take things apart and go through every square inch to fix everything up.
    How did you realize the bolts had gone dry and what is the advantage of wet bolts?We have 303 and I
    understand ours does not have wet bolts.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non wet bolts

These are the plastic bushing that I replaced after 5 years of above average trailer use.
    Notice how how they are deteriorating. Wet bolts have brass bushings that are grease lubricated through the bolts.if there is no grease then it’s metal on metal and no lubrication.
    IMHO I would seriously consider installing them especially if you pull your trailer travel a lot. It’s a dyi if you have proper jacks.
    These compliment nicely with the moryde CRE 3000 or 4000.
    Just my 2 cents worth...( sorry we got rid of pennies in Canada)
    Mul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 72F6D6A6-72D6-4547-B922-D04A965DC194.jpeg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some deterioration,thanks for posting the picture.Something I will have to look into.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R&Vcamping View Post
    My DW and I dry camp most of the time in our 2019 GD 303RLS. Instead of hauling a full tank of water up to some of the camp sites I fill the tank up about a third of the way. If we need more I fill a five gallon water jug from a fresh water spigot or well pump at the campground. I set the jug right up next to the panel. I have a short, 5' piece of clear vinyl tubing with a male garden hose connector on one end that I connect to the water inlet, the white one, on the Nautilus panel and put the other end into the five gallon jug and then set the valves to - Sanitize Siphon to tank via pump-, then all that is left is to turn the pump on and watch the water go through the tubing until it sucks the jug dry. It usually takes 2 to 3 minutes at the most. I made sure cut the end of the hose slanted so it could sit at the bottom of the jug and not get sucked tight to the bottom. One other note from experience, be sure to put valves back to original settings when finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	32245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	32246
    Thanks just the information I was looking for.
    Keep smiling

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Hi,
    I own a rls 303 and like it very much. We snowbird in Arizona 5 mo. A yr. One of the things you mention is that you want to dry camp a lot. You should be aware that the weakest part of these rv's is the refrigerator. If they are still stock with the Dometic Rm 1350 series, you will find it a challenge to keep this fridge cold. Research all the modifications and do them all, including fridge defender and adding additional fan's . This will be a significant part of your daily power consumption. Solar will be a must unless you plan on running a generator all the time. Using the Furrion stove top and oven will also test your patience. Your max loaded weight is 11,990 if Iremember correctly. You will easily load your rig to this weight. Up graded 7k axles is something i would like to do in the future and you might consider before buying. About your water fill
    It is power fill with a pressurized hose to fill your tank. I have a small transer pump that is designed to be portable drill operated. You could use that option with short hoses or maybe buy a 12v pump to do that job. Gravity feed won't really work, I think. Overall we love the storage space and having a pantry. We went from a 31 cougar that sorely lacked storage to the 303 , that has lots of storage and only increased our overall length by 17". This rig has a great layout for the size. I have done a number of mods on it and am not done yet. Always room for improvement. Check out my inverter mod if you like in the DIY & MODS subjects. ⁰
    Thanks for tip on the refrigerator and stove/oven.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW 303 RLS Owners

Well….we are the proud owners of a 2021 Granddesign Reflection 303 RLS.
    Pick it up on September 1 2021.

Many Thanks to all the folks from the forum for their feedback as well as their contribution on the good bad and the ugly of their trailers.

Coops

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast