User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first trailer finally arrived

Well we've waited since October and our new 2021 2970RL finally arrived at the dealer. My wife and I were excited to get there and do a walk through as we're total newbies and this is our first trailer. The dealer was accommodating and moved the trailer into one of the work bays and turned on the heater (it was -6 F). Overall we were impressed and happy with what we found, but did find a few issues:

- The slide out seals on the driver side had a 1/4 inch gap all the way around
    - The fender flare on the passenger side was sitting about a 1/2 inch away from the body - closer inspection revealed that the screws had not been driven through the metal backing plate but simply pushed it out of the way
    - Three of the windows were not seated properly and in all cases the right side of the window would not lock
    - The fire place would operate for a few seconds and then an error code (E3) would appear - this may have been due to the temp as even with the heater on the trailer interior was barely above freezing
    - The theater seats had no power and wouldn't operate - The dealer rep crawled behind and made sure they were plugged in but they still wouldn't work.

On the plus side the overall fit and finish was excellent, and when I tried to inspect the roof (Couldn't because it was covered with 3 inches of snow) I noticed that all the vents had the Max Air vent covers installed. Needless to say we couldn't test out the water system because the unit had been winterized.

The dealer was in a hurry to get us to sign off, saying that all systems are tested by the factory before the unit leaves and by signing off the PDI sheet all we are doing is activating our warranty. We had to sign off on the unit in order to complete the sale, however, they were not happy when I amended the PDI sheet to indicate that only a partial inspection was completed due to weather conditions and a full inspection of those components not tested due to weather conditions would have to take place before final delivery.

Let's hope the weather changes soon = we can't wait to get our baby home.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&M2970RL View Post
    Well we've waited since October and our new 2021 2970RL finally arrived at the dealer. My wife and I were excited to get there and do a walk through as we're total newbies and this is our first trailer. The dealer was accommodating and moved the trailer into one of the work bays and turned on the heater (it was -6 F). Overall we were impressed and happy with what we found, but did find a few issues:

- The fender flare on the passenger side was sitting about a 1/2 inch away from the body - closer inspection revealed that the screws had not been driven through the metal backing plate but simply pushed it out of the way
    - Three of the windows were not seated properly and in all cases the right side of the window would not lock
    - The fire place would operate for a few seconds and then an error code (E3) would appear - this may have been due to the temp as even with the heater on the trailer interior was barely above freezing
    - The theater seats had no power and wouldn't operate - The dealer rep crawled behind and made sure they were plugged in but they still wouldn't work.

On the plus side the overall fit and finish was excellent, and when I tried to inspect the roof (Couldn't because it was covered with 3 inches of snow) I noticed that all the vents had the Max Air vent covers installed. Needless to say we couldn't test out the water system because the unit had been winterized.

The dealer was in a hurry to get us to sign off, saying that all systems are tested by the factory before the unit leaves and by signing off the PDI sheet all we are doing is activating our warranty. We had to sign off on the unit in order to complete the sale, however, they were not happy when I amended the PDI sheet to indicate that only a partial inspection was completed due to weather conditions and a full inspection of those components not tested due to weather conditions would have to take place before final delivery.

Congratulations on your new rig!
    In the states (Michigan anyway) they will pull the rig into the service bays (like they did with you), wash it off, de-winterize it. Then all systems are checked. We ran all faucets, flushed toilet, ran furnace, ran fireplace, ran the A/C, etc...Then after we were done with the PDI they re-winterized the camper.

-Not sure how there cold be a gap on the seals, did they not flip?
    -Was there ice on right side of the windows preventing them from locking?
    -Those fireplaces don't heat at really low temps.
    -Have them check all outlets on that leg of the circuit. (We had that one time and turned out to be the 50 amp to 30 amp adapter)
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, we are in central Texas for five weeks in our 2970. The low temp is 8F with a forecasted high today of 20F. We left MN last Tue and arrived here Thur to record setting lows. I left the rig winterized and not using the fresh tank until it warms up down here. My furnace duty cycle yesterday at 23F was 39% with the 5000BTU fireplace on. I am still working on last night's numbers.I am really looking forward to Fri, hopefully above 50F. Enjoy the 2970. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The partial inspection being documented was a smart move; could pay some dividends down the road. Regardless, it would have been the only way I would have moved forward with a signature as well.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not slighting your dealer but they should correct every issue you listed prior to final delivery. There is no reason for you to take delivery of this rig only to bring it back for warranty work.. The dealer wants the $$$. Once they have it, you are just another warranty claim. By declining to accept delivery until the items are corrected is sure enough an incentive for them to correct the issues. I would not rush acceptance of final delivery until they fix every issue.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired