User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen Pipes

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all the help today. Our water is back! We removed the particle board guard around the hoses under the kitchen island and ran a fan and hair dryer to push warm air down to the underbelly. After about four hours, the water pump was able to pull water to the faucets. Bathroom (H/C), Shower (H/C) and Kitchen (C) came on immediately. The Kitchen (H) took about ten minutes, but it eventually kicked in too. We are going to drip the faucets tonight and crank the furnace. You guys made a big difference today!
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear ! It was a good learning experience w/o too much of a challenge.

Are you hooked up to sewer with your grey tanks valves open or are you planning to run the water into your tanks (hope not to overfill) and dump in the morning ?
    May be quite the night with the water pump coming on and off every so often all night long for a dripping faucet......or maybe faucets as you shared.

If you can run the fan as you did today all night, pushing the warm air around between your floor and coroplast s/b fine.

Hope you have plenty of propane. Keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Good to hear ! It was a good learning experience w/o too much of a challenge.

Are you hooked up to sewer with your grey tanks valves open or are you planning to run the water into your tanks (hope not to overfill) and dump in the morning ?
    May be quite the night with the water pump coming on and off every so often all night long for a dripping faucet......or maybe faucets as you shared.

If you can run the fan as you did today all night, pushing the warm air around between your floor and coroplast s/b fine.

Hope you have plenty of propane. Keep us posted.

Dan
    Good Evening. We filled our fresh water and have the gray tanks around 1/2 full, so we should have capacity until the morning. We plan to dump tomorrow before the next ice storm tomorrow night. We are dripping both the bathroom and kitchen faucets.

I have the fan blowing into the hole under the kitchen island and another into the cabinet under the bathroom sink. We stocked up with two 30lb and one 15lb propane tank, so I'm going to keep the furnace running all night.

Chris
    Last edited by carpertravels; 02-15-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpertravels View Post
    Good Evening. We filled our fresh water and have the gray tanks around 1/2 full, so we should have capacity until the morning. We plan to dump tomorrow before the next ice storm tomorrow night. We are dripping both the bathroom and kitchen faucets.

I have the fan blowing into the hole under the kitchen island and another into the cabinet under the bathroom sink. We stocked up with two 30lb and one 15lb propane tank, so I'm going to keep the furnace running all night.

Chris
    God bless you man. Hope you can stay warm!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 GD 310GK and are in the Fort Davis, Texas area and experienced a freezeup with the same symptoms as you did, pump worked but no water to any fixtures. I found that the pex pipe and connection at the bottom of the fresh water tank that supplies the pump had no insulation on it and probably froze stopping all water flow. This connection is directly above the fresh water tank drain valve. To access it I removed the spray foam from around the drain valve then enlarged the opening in the coroplast enough to get the connection and some of the pex insulated. Then used black duct tape on the cuts in the coroplast and reapplied new spray foam around the drain valve below the coroplast. Hope this helps you and others that may have experienced freezeups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12