User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tires Inflated at Service Center not Correct Pressure?

We recently picked up our trailer after bearing pack and brake service and the service summary said "inflated tires to 80 lbs" I checked the tire pressure (at time of pickup) with my digital tire gauge and the reading was 85. Air temp was around 70 degrees. Do others have this issue with dealers/service centers and inaccurate inflation? My tire gauge is a JACO ElitePro. Why such a big difference and what to trust.
    Howard & Molly
    2020 Reflection 31MB, B&W Companion 16k Hitch
    2014 F350 Lariat 6.7L

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, i maybe wrong, but what I have heard, to inflate a tire beyond 80psi requires a safety cage, many tire dealers do not have the safety cages. Tire dealers that work on large trailers or vehicles using commercial tires such as semi tires, motor homes or big RVs have this equipment. Our RV tire operating max pressure is 110psi.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No telling how careful they are. I use mine as the final check since it is the one I always have with me so at least my readings are consistent.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience is that there can be a difference between what service center gauges say are and what my gauges say. I've always adjusted my own pressures after using service centers.

I have 3 different gauges (1 digital, 1 is a dial indicator, and one is an "old school" stick gauge). All seem to be in agreement although the digital is the most sensitive and the stick the least sensitive. I think service centers use stick gauges and "get things close enough" but I like to get all my tires reading the same.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods